Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib North)
    You've evidently never ended up with your head in a toilet as a result of it... :cool:
    the only time i've seen that is either if someone is new to the drug (can make people feel sick) or if they have been drinking as well.

wouldn't regard it as an "overdose" anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    Were you drinking at the same time?
    Of course.

(Original post by Thud)
    the only time i've seen that is either if someone is new to the drug (can make people feel sick) or if they have been drinking as well.
    To be fair, yes, this was the first time I'd ever used it at a party years ago... but my head spun like nothing ever since. Oooh.

wouldn't regard it as an "overdose" anyway.
    Yeah, I was being a bit facetious.

ReputationRep:
    The head spinning can also be attributed to a nicotine rush from the tobacco.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to overdose on cannabis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    you can't "overdose" on weed.
    What about when you whitey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Is it possible to overdose on cannabis?
    no not in the kind of way we'd generally think of as an overdose.

it can't kill you, nor will you be on the floor unconscious or in a hospital getting your stomach pumped.

ReputationRep:
    damn. I really should read through threads

What I mean is, is it possible to become unconcious? I've just had 2 100% spliffs is quick sucession. I feel 'swayey' and disorientated. But no unconciousness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    What about when you whitey?
    usually only among people new to it, i've not seen any experienced takers whitey, so it can't really be an overdose.

What I mean is, is it possible to become unconcious? I've just had 2 100% spliffs is quick sucession. I feel 'swayey' and disorientated. But no unconciousness.
    again, no. i've never seen it and i've seen people smoking a hell of a lot (spending entire days sitting on sofa smoking one after the next).

ReputationRep:
    I've also gone from comfortable to insanely cold and shivery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    I've also gone from comfortable to insanely cold and shivery.
    really? always used to make me hot.

ReputationRep:
    As I said earlier, whiteying is not an overdose, but can be brought on by loads of different factors, most notably inexperience.

ReputationRep:
    I think you can only fatally overdose on cannabis if you consume something like 50x your body weight in it or something ridiculous. I can't remember exactly or provide a source though haha sorry.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably right, thinking about it. However the amount this guy had taken, coupled with his being fairly new to it, may have simulated the effects of an overdose. But he almost died so whiteys are a *****, evidently (never heard them called that before).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    You're probably right, thinking about it. However the amount this guy had taken, coupled with his being fairly new to it, may have simulated the effects of an overdose. But he almost died so whiteys are a *****, evidently (never heard them called that before).
    wow, he would have been the first person in recorded history to die from cannabis.

(Original post by mangomaz)
    I think you can only fatally overdose on cannabis if you consume something like 50x your body weight in it or something ridiculous. I can't remember exactly or provide a source though haha sorry.
    which no one in the world has ever done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    wow, he would have been the first person in recorded history to die from cannabis.

which no one in the world has ever done.
    Or could do

ReputationRep:
    The point everyone has been making about how weed is fine "in moderation" and "every now an then" is recognised by politicians, police etc. If teenagers are caught smoking a few spliffs, no policeman gives a ****. They either ignore it, or just take it away. You have to have a hell of a lot on you or be dealing it to get into trouble. So in that sense, weed is basically legal anyway.

Weed shouldn't be legalised because it will just add more peer pressure to teenagers tbh. Every teenager drinks, fewer smoke weed. But, I can still see advantages of weed. If weed got rid of some of the problems of drinking, then hallelujah. Weed > alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that we should legalise cannabis, becuase after it was legalised in holland, hard drug use fell dramatically. This led to a fall in diseases associated with sharing needles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by person 34)
    The point everyone has been making about how weed is fine "in moderation" and "every now an then" is recognised by politicians, police etc. If teenagers are caught smoking a few spliffs, no policeman gives a ****. They either ignore it, or just take it away. You have to have a hell of a lot on you or be dealing it to get into trouble. So in that sense, weed is basically legal anyway.

Weed shouldn't be legalised because it will just add more peer pressure to teenagers tbh. Every teenager drinks, fewer smoke weed. But, I can still see advantages of weed. If weed got rid of some of the problems of drinking, then hallelujah. Weed > alcohol.
    Why would it add to peer pressure to do it? I see no godd reason why people who aren't being peer pressured now would be after decriminalisation. In fact, wouldn't it lose some appeal (in peer pressure situations) if it became legal?

Anyway, that's not even the point, is it - this is about giving people the freedom to decide for themselves how to live their life.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well children are finding it easy enough to find 10 bottles of cider every Friday night so why not? Let's make it easier for them to get stoned as well.

Let's downgrade Cocaine too - I want to get high!

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, thats right, because drug dealers are highly fastidious about checking for proof of age :rolleyes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.