Psychology at Bangor, Manchester or Loughborough?? Watch

Csw121
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have an offer from all 3 of the universities but was wondering what others thought my decision should be. Loughborough have offered me AAB, Manchester have offered AB and WelshBacc and Bangor have offered me unconditional. I think I'm going to have Bangor as my insurance choice but wanted to know if it was any good. Looking at the university ranking tables it is clear that Manchester and Loughborough are much better than Bangor, however I found that when searching by subject it appears Bangor is the best. Is that the case?? Would really appreciate any advice, plus pros, cons and perks of the universities if that's possible. THANKS
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where do you want to live? Small coastal town, market town, or a big city?

Posted from TSR Mobile
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a psychologist. Bangor doesn't look that great but is propbably rated higher than the rest. I'd say go with where you feel rather than leaugue tables
Bangor Psych
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bangor Psychology is one of only 2 departments in the UK to be ranked in the top 10 for Students Satisfaction (7th in NSS 2014) and in the top 20 for Research Quality (17th REF 2014 - out last Thursday!) - which basically means that our students are amongst the happiest in the UK and studying under academic staff whose research is globally recognised (40% world leading/ 49% internationally recognised REF 2014). The Times Good University 2015 guide also ranks us in the top 20 for graduate prospects so you will be well placed to find a job when you leave. However don;t go on figures alone - visit the departments you mention at their Open Days (ours start late Jan and we contribute to travel costs) and find out what fits you the best - all the departments you mention are quality departments (though we rank the highest!) We also think we are one of the friendliest departments in the UK but you will need to visit to see if you agree Look forward to seeing you in Bangor soon.
Richard Wigzell - Psychology Marketing, Recruitment & Admissions Manager
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads