BleiYoung
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I want to go into medicine and my subject choices are Biology, Chemistry, RS(Philosophy and Ethics) and Maths (AS). Are these any good?

I was considering taking up latin but baring in mind my GCSEs are in 6 months I don't know if I have enough time. But I heard latin is really good for medicine?
NinjaNicky
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're doing the philosophy and ethics units for RS then go for it! (NB: I am biased), when I picked my A-levels I chose it just because I needed a fourth one and loved it, I'm now doing philosophy at uni in September. It's really interesting and a lot of it is actually relevant to medicine. If you do the same spec as we did, there are whole units on abortion and euthanasia, cloning, ivf and at A2 a unit on medical ethics. Aside from that it's really interesting generally
BleiYoung
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by NinjaNicky)
If you're doing the philosophy and ethics units for RS then go for it! (NB: I am biased), when I picked my A-levels I chose it just because I needed a fourth one and loved it, I'm now doing philosophy at uni in September. It's really interesting and a lot of it is actually relevant to medicine. If you do the same spec as we did, there are whole units on abortion and euthanasia, cloning, ivf and at A2 a unit on medical ethics. Aside from that it's really interesting generally
Thank you that helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.68%
Disagree (11)
7.1%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.26%
Agree (59)
38.06%
Strongly Agree (20)
12.9%

Watched Threads