BleiYoung
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I want to go into medicine and my subject choices are Biology, Chemistry, RS(Philosophy and Ethics) and Maths (AS). Are these any good?

I was considering taking up latin but baring in mind my GCSEs are in 6 months I don't know if I have enough time. But I heard latin is really good for medicine?
NinjaNicky
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're doing the philosophy and ethics units for RS then go for it! (NB: I am biased), when I picked my A-levels I chose it just because I needed a fourth one and loved it, I'm now doing philosophy at uni in September. It's really interesting and a lot of it is actually relevant to medicine. If you do the same spec as we did, there are whole units on abortion and euthanasia, cloning, ivf and at A2 a unit on medical ethics. Aside from that it's really interesting generally
BleiYoung
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by NinjaNicky)
If you're doing the philosophy and ethics units for RS then go for it! (NB: I am biased), when I picked my A-levels I chose it just because I needed a fourth one and loved it, I'm now doing philosophy at uni in September. It's really interesting and a lot of it is actually relevant to medicine. If you do the same spec as we did, there are whole units on abortion and euthanasia, cloning, ivf and at A2 a unit on medical ethics. Aside from that it's really interesting generally
Thank you that helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads