Turn on thread page Beta

Hunger. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have the same thing, but it's since I started a new uni. The wierd thing is my bf says I'm looking too skinny, even though I feel like I'm eating soooo much more than normal . I guess it's just the sudden increase in activity after not doing much all summer.

ReputationRep:
    Im actually a little worried, ive been getting more hungry lately even after eating a meal and i've also been really tired. I'd like to go get tested for diabetes but im scared to go and wont the doctor ask me what makes me think i might be diabetic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl1982)
    I'm wondering if its something in the brain
    don't know if this is correct, but there is a theory that after you've eaten you can feel peckish for candy or whatever, even though you are full, because you are "fed up" with what you just had and in the mood for something else. (don't know the correct terms/language) this is also why you can eat desert after a heavy meal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    I don't snack.
    Maybe you should snack?
    Eating little and often is just as healthy (if not more so) than eating three big meals.

You could also see your doctor, it may be an idea just to check that you don't have diabetes or something.
    Take care,
    x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkfairy753)
    Not really, I've been to the GP for the smallest of things and they don't mind...
    Everytime you go to the GP they make a log.

The more times you go, the higher chance you have of them doing **** all.

Fact.

ReputationRep:
    Pregnant and eating for two? Maybe you need to eat more filling food - more protein etc.

ReputationRep:
    Not much chance of the ole pregnancy thing.

I eat well and eat filling things. Maybe I'll ask the doc when I go back in a few weeks for something else. I'm weeing a silly amount atm too.

ReputationRep:
    ... are you also tired even though you sleep normal amounts?

http://www.informationaboutdiabetes....s-diabetes.htm

Probably jumping the gun completely but good luck with the docs

I thought i had diabetes for a while, but it just turned out my diet was messing with me. I just had to eat more healthily- more fruit n veg, and do some exercise!

ReputationRep:
    It could be down to the food you eat... I know rice in particular swells to 5 times its size in the stomach, making you feel really full for a few minutes and then starving again. At a guess, perhaps other foods do it as well?

ReputationRep:
    tapeworm?

ReputationRep:
    Fill up on veg. That's what I do, I have a ravenous appetite.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.