The Student Room Group

Bus fight. Should i help him at police station?

Today, I was on the bus home from school when i saw the strangest thing.

When i get on the bus, there are always a group of 4/6 lads and 2/3 girls at the back of the top deck. I don't know if they go to school coz they always wear hoods on the bus, but they are prob about 16 - 18. Well, u c most days they cause problems for everyone. Because the bus is always so full even old ladies and stuff have to sit upstairs. So everyday they smoke, and shout abuse at people, and throw chips or just paper at normal innocent people. Generally they are just scum.

So today there is this guy on the bus. He is about 20 or something, bout 6" +, short dark hair and good looking. Everyone on the bus is just doing their business, listening to music and stuff when this old lady who is sitting next to the 20 yr guy is hit in the head by a chip. Anyway, she gets off the bus really upset. The idiots at the bus shout abuse at her from the bus and then throw more chips.

Well this guy, he turns round, coz he is in the middle of the bus, and politely says please stop throwing the chips. The ringleader of this group then says some crap like 'don't u disrespect me fool', 'do u know who i am' and then hits the guy with a chip.

well i kinda guessed all hell was going to break loose. This guy calmly takes off his jacket, rolls up his sleeves and then walk towards the gang, and after a minute or so he has kicked, elbowed, kneed and punched everyone of the gang, even the girls and even the lads who did not want to fight.

Halfway through this some stupid moron lady phones the police anyway the bus is stopped and the driver stops the guy from leaving. The guy is then taken into police custody and i don't know what is going to happen to him?????

I really want to go to the police station and say the guy did good. Should I? It's so unfair.

Scroll to see replies

the guy kicks ass

i want to shake his hand
Reply 2
Yes , please go, guys like this need help from these ****ing chavs, tell them he was protecting the old lady...
Reply 3
That guy f**king rawks.

It's a shame we have so little faith in the police force that we are applauding vigilante action.

And welcome back troll.
Reply 4
What the heck is a troll?
Reply 5
Peter88
What the heck is a troll?

Before we digress, i am a troll because i give honest and direct feedback which other people dislike.
I really want to go to the police station and say the guy did good.

Good? He rightly should be convicted for assault!

The police would simply say that he shouldn't beat down some people because they threw a chip at him. :rolleyes:
good on him...

i doubt he'll be in serious trouble, hopefully just get a warning, but i would definetly give a statement
Reply 8
what a legend, go to the police explain how they attacked a old ladie
Reply 9
numero sept
Good? He rightly should be convicted for assault!

The police would simply say that he shouldn't beat down some people because they threw a chip at him. :rolleyes:

Looking at ur grand collection of red gems u are obviously known for ur offhand statements, but are u serious????

was he in the wrong?
You don't hit someone who threw a chip at you or shouts at you.

He committed the assault, so he will be in trouble. It's how the law works, bud.
Reply 11
I can't bring myself to criticise the guy, but the police would see it very differently. Good on him.
The ***** got what they deserved. Simple as that.
I would certainly go and give a statement at the police station. He was defending the peace, something he should be praised for. I hope he doesn't get charged with assault.

I bet he plays rugby :biggrin:
Reply 14
Alice 00
Looking at ur grand collection of red gems u are obviously known for ur offhand statements, but are u serious????

was he in the wrong?

His "grand collection of red gems" shouldnt affect the strength of his statement, nor shold your lack of a collection of green gems affect the strength of yours, right?

You blatantly have no idea how the law works. Vigilanties are frowned upon.
I completely support what that man did - perhaps those little ass hats will think twice before picking on innocent bystanders who are minding their own business.
In the eyes of the law, an adult assaulted a group of CHILDREN who merely taunted him. He was under no risk of injury, and the act was certainly not in self defense.

I completely disagree with the law in this case, but the law is what the law is.
I guess it warms all our hearts in a certain chav-getting-****-beaten-out-of-way.

You still can't go round beating people up though, no matter who they are.
Reply 16
numero sept
You don't hit someone who threw a chip at you or shouts at you.

He committed the assault, so he will be in trouble. It's how the law works, bud.

I'm sorry i didn't realise u were a lawyer. Not that u are a good lawyer bud.

A common law assault is putting someone in fear of immediate violence. What the guy did was a battery which is the actual infliction of violence. More specifically, he may be charged with the s.47 offence of battery occassioning abh or the s.20 offence of battery occassioning gbh. given the injuries some of the gang members had he may face the s.20 charge which is very likely to mean prison.

it is precisely because there are people like u that i am very worried that he is going to get into a lot of trouble. i really think i will go to the police station tomorrow.
Reply 17
Alice 00
I'm sorry i didn't realise u were a lawyer. Not that u are a good lawyer bud.

A common law assault is putting someone in fear of immediate violence. What the guy did was a battery which is the actual infliction of violence. More specifically, he may be charged with the s.47 offence of battery occassioning abh or the s.20 offence of battery occassioning gbh. given the injuries some of the gang members had he may face the s.20 charge which is very likely to mean prison.

it is precisely because there are people like u that i am very worried that he is going to get into a lot of trouble. i really think i will go to the police station tomorrow.

ROFL.

I nearly spat out my drink when I read that - funny stuff indeed :biggrin:.

To be honest, you'll probably just get him in more trouble than he would have been in. He'll probably make up some story about them pushing him or something, and him defending himself. You'll then contradict his story, landing him in a heap of ****, nice!
Also, most (all?) busses these days have cameras, which would have caught the whole situation on camera.
Alice 00
i really think i will go to the police station tomorrow.

I hope you do. Society needs people to stand up for those doing good in it!
Reply 19
Ghost
ROFL.

I nearly spat out my drink when I read that - funny stuff indeed :biggrin:.

To be honest, you'll probably just get him in more trouble than he would have been in. He'll probably make up some story about them pushing him or something, and him defending himself. You'll then contradict his story, landing him in a heap of ****, nice!
Also, most (all?) busses these days have cameras, which would have caught the whole situation on camera.

It is an old bus so i am not sure there are cameras but u are absolutely right about me potentially contradicting his story - i didn't think of that. crap.

perhaps i can't do anything. i don't want him to think he is alone on this point. i want to thank him.

Latest

Trending

Trending