Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It has to be mine ive had it for 4 years now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Ive had mine for 5! And, it still looks pretty new and modern. It's a Tiny PC. I've uploaded Windows ME onto it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valcandy)
    Ive had mine for 5! And, it still looks pretty new and modern. It's a Tiny PC. I've uploaded Windows ME onto it.
    lol i had a tiny ages ago there actually really good

ReputationRep:
    I guess that I lose since I built mine a couple of months ago.

ReputationRep:
    The case of mine is 7 years old... not sure how much original hardware is still in there though... think the monitor is original!

ReputationRep:
    I dunno how old this here computer is but it looks ancient! a panasonic monitor and a Gateway 2000 G5-200. but shouldn't really complain..not many jobs let you sit on your arse on the internet all day.

ReputationRep:
    I have not bought a new computer since 1996! However every item in my PC is less than three years old most of it much newer than that. I upgrade the motherboard/processor every two years, RAM every year, hard drive every four years.

I have a 1998 Pentium P233MMX laptop as well, my sister also has a 1998 Compaq Pentium P266MMX with 256MB RAM which I paid £20 for.

My oldest PC thought is a 1984 Commodore C64. The old proper PC I owned was a 1987 Tandon 386 with 2MB RAM.

ReputationRep:
    5 years..modded it up recently and works like a charm and seems almost brand new!

ReputationRep:
    win95. 1996. pirinter, moniter, motherboard and speakers cost us £2000 bk then. i gettin rid of it. its in the garage!!llol

ReputationRep:
    i think i have the commodore 64 somewhere.......

ReputationRep:
    ive got a tape-loaded atari, somewhere in the loft.

and as for pcs - ive got one from 1995. pentium 66.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    It has to be mine ive had it for 4 years now :cool:

Must be me....! (Not the one I'm on at present but the one my dad uses, is Windows 95 has 1GB. And We have had it about 5/6 years now....)

Also 2 weeks ago I asked my dad top set up our old Spectrum....It still works and has some classic games on....

ReputationRep:
    Black n white DOS pc in the loft with a game of golf on it.... it was brand new at the time, I'm told....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    Must be me....! (Not the one I'm on at present but the one my dad uses, is Windows 95 has 1GB. And We have had it about 5/6 years now....)

Also 2 weeks ago I asked my dad top set up our old Spectrum....It still works and has some classic games on....
    Not a computer but that reminded me, I set up my orignal mega drive from years ago over easter and had the most fun playing all my old games.

ReputationRep:
    Commodore 64 and some other ancient PC - both 13 years old. Both still working perfectly well with games etc., even ancient word processing stuff. The PC had some kind of phone network WAN thing that was like a cross between teletwxt and the internet as I recall but I never used that part of it.

Plus I have a six and a half year old one in my room if I need any old files, but that's just a baby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Not a computer but that reminded me, I set up my orignal mega drive from years ago over easter and had the most fun playing all my old games.
    Last year me and my mates set up my master system for a laugh. Was great fun, but what the hell were they thinking when they made the controllers? they are the worst design ever..... ever.
    Attached Images

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.