revisioner
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,

Has anybody got A* in Spanish GCSE (AQA)?

If so, how did you revise for it?

Thanks!

Merry Christmas!!!

From revisioner
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I got an A* last term, however I am yet to recieve the results from the exams that I've just done.

Anyways when it comes to Speaking the best thing to do is to create flash cards and practice on pronounciation and use advanced vocabulary. Also in the writing exam, I would advise you to also use a variety of vocubulary and to use a range of different tenses such as past, present, perfect and imperfect tenses and also the future tenses. It all sounds quite confusing, but I'm sure you may have learnt it school. Tenses are really important in GCSE languages.

Also, to revise for writing I would suggest re-writing it and also reading it out loud to remember more of what need to be written.

I hope what I have said has made sense lol.
Good luck!! xox
revisioner
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you :-)

What about revision for listening and reading?! They're the ones I struggle with the most!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In my opinion, reading is a lot easier thank listening.
I'm not that great at Reading and listening an usually only get B's, however, with both of them I often use bitesize or YouTube and practice listening to spanish people speaking. And with reading, my teacher often gives us practice reading to look at to get used to the language. However, I'm sure you can use bitesize aswell.
NightShroud99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I did a Spanish Cambridge IGCSE and got an A*, which was separate to the AQA GCSE that everyone else did at my school. However, the IGCSE was entirely in Spanish. I did not find 1 word in English in any of my IGCSE Spanish papers. On the plus side, I didn't revise. Reason? I'm already Spanish Although, I would agree with what DeeXiomara said about the writing and speaking. In terms of listening, try watching Spanish news or listen to Spanish radio or Spanish music with lyrics in Spanish that may come with English subtitles. Programs in Spanish work well also since they sometimes have subtitles in English if you look hard enough online. Last time I checked, our AS-level Spanish teacher had recommended us to watch cartoons that are dubbed in Spanish. I got to watch Spongebob Squarepants in Spanish in class and it was awesome For reading, you could read BBC or news articles online by switching the reading language to Spanish. That's how I practiced reading whilst also speaking out the words myself, which helped me remember what I was reading. For now, don't panic if there are things you're worried about in Spanish. Just take it in as something that you have yet to come across and learn. All the best.
Gingerbread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got an A* but didn't revise particularly for the things you're struggling with. However, in class we did do a lot of past papers, just getting into how the exams are often structured and the ways of taking an educated guess at some questions helps, you can get them from the AQA website along with the audio for the listenings
¡Muy bien!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best advice is to learn as many words as possible. There is a booklet of all the words AQA expects you to know, ask your teacher if they haven't already given you one! You can't learn all of it because it's quite thick, however it does narrow stuff down in a way.
Btw I got an A* in Spanish GCSE AQA and am now doing the As. Good luck to us! :cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.74%
No, but I have thought about it (53)
27.32%
No (93)
47.94%

Watched Threads