why does the socialist worker party have so much disproportionate influenceWatch
result is you see photos with lots of non SWP members holding SWP branded placards.
If you don't like the SWP just convince others not to donate to their cause. Because they don't have much of a cause apart from printing the SWP newspaper.
why does the socialist worker party hold so much influence over trade unions and anti austerity cuts when it is such a tiny far left party with almost no popular support?
They get taxpayer money from the state because of their anti free speech group 'Unite Against Fascism' has approval from David Cameron.
They are a very noisy and active outfit that has been around for decades but it's difficult to justify that they are an influential force or they have actually achieved anything in politics. They are a very strange political movement because:
1. The have been active over a long period of time. Other far left outfits are either very active over a short period of time then burn out, or drag on over the decades as largely inactive and moribund movements.
2. They never contest elections under their own name but instead are fronted by some other organisation. Over the years since 2000 their members have contested elections under the banners of Socialist Alliance, Respect, Left List, and TUSC.
3. They turn up uninvited to many demonstrations and try to hijack them for their benefit and peddle their leaflets and Socialist Worker that often have nothing to do with what the demonstration is about.
4. They make no efforts to engage in community politics and build up support in local communities in a way that most other political parties do. Their activities centre around events and demonstrations rather than local communities.
5. Whenever they are involved with a demonstration there is always somebody collecting the names and addresses of non-members.
This points in a direction that the SWP could be state. A movement designed to neutralise far left politics by acting as a magnet for would be activists that might achieve something in a genuine movement and also to discredit other movements (Palestine, human rights etc.) by tarnishing their demonstrations with Socialist Worker placards that are offputting to ordinary folk who might sympathise with the movement if it didn't get into bed with SWP nutters.