Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, just out of curiosity, which are the best london colleges?

i know its usually lse, imperial and ucl.

but how come there is no kings? when kings is the fourth most established uni in the country! (as in it was set up after only oxbridge and ucl)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangrene)

but how come there is no kings? when kings is the fourth most established uni in the country! (as in it was set up after only oxbridge and ucl)
    You can't rate a university's strength on how old it is lol

You have named the four that most would rate as the elite London colleges. A degree from any of those is a wonderful thing to be in possetion of!!!

ReputationRep:

Depends what your looking for. For sciences it'd be Imperial. For social sciences and economics it'd be LSE. For a vast array of other stuff, Kings and UCL would be closely competing with each other.

ReputationRep:

It realllly depends what kind of course you are doing.

I am doing a degree in journalism at the University of Arts, London (formerly the London Institute) and if you get a degree in photography or graphic design there it's very elite. The photography school is world reknown.

ReputationRep:
    dani which college of the london inst...lcp?

ReputationRep:
    It has to be the Royal Veterinary College as everyone that gets in needs AAB minimum and most have AAA. There is also a screening process in that they interview ALL applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otnemem)
    dani which college of the london inst...lcp?
    Yeah! Well no technically it's now LCC!
    Are you going there?!!

ReputationRep:
    no my girlfriend is though. Great place to study media-like subjects but goodness the location is atrocious. That's one of the reasons she'll be moving to LCF next year to study fashion photography.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    It has to be the Royal Veterinary College as everyone that gets in needs AAB minimum and most have AAA. There is also a screening process in that they interview ALL applicants.
    Hardest to get into does not necessarily equal best.
    Anyway, veterinary courses are notoriously difficult to get in to.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.