The Student Room Group

How to revise from notes

Hi

How do you guys revise from a set of notes to make the infomation stick?

I've stuck a picture of what my notes look like so you guys could help me what to do with these notes :smile:

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
If i were you, id read through and highlight key bits. You could even consider reorganising it into a spider diagram. Other options are to keep condensing it on flash cards until each paragraph/point is only down to a few key word which to you rejig your memory of the whole point.

This is what i get told to do, unfortunately i am the best procrastinator in the world therefore struggle with actual revision. :frown:
Thanks for the reply!

I've ordered some flash cards, hope they will help ! I'm not really a fan of spider diagrams as I just hate them!
Reply 3
Hope it goes well, i feel the same with spider diagrams, but you've gotta try it all!
Original post by Littleonezz
Thanks for the reply!

I've ordered some flash cards, hope they will help ! I'm not really a fan of spider diagrams as I just hate them!

Spider diagrams are good for when you don't have much information (used it myself more in GCSE).

I would say space your notes out more rather than look like a wall of text.

Maybe indent notes for bullet points etc :smile:

But from the notes, I'd usually learn the keywords or key explanations.
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't know if it will help but I usually find typing my notes up on the computer helps as I can type as fast as my thoughts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending