The Student Room Group

White woman raped for 3 hours in racist attack.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
Your words were "I feel sorry for him"
He should serve jail time in order to help prevent him further endangering the public, and during his jail sentence he should receive psychiatric help to come to the root as to why he committed this disgusting crime. He should in no way though not be punished.

Psychiatric help? Lol no...

He did it because he could, there's no deep meaning to it. Like I said I feel sorry for him that he's had to go low to rape.

Stop attacking me
He must be castrated!
Reply 22
Original post by bittr n swt
I meant I felt sorry that he had to go so low to rape someone as that's not acceptable. So he needs rehab, not jail time.

Going by that way of thinking, you would say that no rapists deserves to be put in jail? :s-smilie:
Urrm maybe i missed something, but what's this all about:

"If he had not received life he would have sentenced him to 18 years, which means Ghafoor cannot be considered for parole until he has served 9 years."

I always thought life was 14 years, so how does the above make sense?

But anyway, life imprisonment for rape? Since when have rapists been given "life" imprisonment? That's more than most murders get, and no sane person thinks rape is worse than murder.
Everything on here must be true. I got all my coverage on this story from the Daily Mail. The good old Daily Mail. The Daily Mail would never promote racism would it? They never mince their words.

http://youtu.be/5eBT6OSr1TI

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by datpiff
Everything on here must be true. I got all my coverage on this story from the Daily Mail. The good old Daily Mail. The Daily Mail would never promote racism would it? They never mince their words.

http://youtu.be/5eBT6OSr1TI

Posted from TSR Mobile

Random question, but why do people use .be links rather than normal youtube?

I looked around for other articles, seems one of those cases where one newspaper reported on it and every other newspaper copy and pasted the article changing a few words.

I'm certain some facts are wrong.
Actually felt sick reading this story.
Reply 27
Original post by Spetznaaz
Random question, but why do people use .be links rather than normal youtube?

I looked around for other articles, seems one of those cases where one newspaper reported on it and every other newspaper copy and pasted the article changing a few words.

I'm certain some facts are wrong.

It's just a way to shorten the link, but still recognisably from the same website
It's disgusting and he should be punished, but obviously this is not a reason to start wanting to hate and harass Asian people on the whole
Reply 29
Original post by Joshale
I hope he get's tortured

Original post by SiminaM
Cut his balls off
And what's between them for that matter

Original post by fofo5
Maybe his head as well.

It's lucky people like you aren't in government, we'd live in a much worse world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wade-
It's lucky people like you aren't in government, we'd live in a much worse world

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you not hear about the CIA torturing methods?

I don't see how on earth you could think torturing this disgusting human being is not right
Reply 31
Original post by Joshale

I don't see how on earth you could think torturing this disgusting human being is not right

It's about maintaining moral supremacy. Torture to ascertain information is one thing; whether it yields results or not is irrelevant, the torturer believes it will and thus is doing to achieve an objective. Torturing for punishment is simply a sadistic attempt at revenge that violates the principles of the criminal justice system

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshale

It's not right to torture at all, yes be raped but that does not justify torture but rehabilitation
You're no better than he is if you justify torture

I always thought life was 14 years, so how does the above make sense?

It makes sense because what you have always thought is wrong. A life sentence can even have a whole of life tariff.

But anyway, life imprisonment for rape?

Yes, that isn't unheard of, especially where it is aggravated, as here. All people convicted of murder get a life sentence as it is mandatory.
(edited 9 years ago)
Psychiatric help? Lol no...

He did it because he could, there's no deep meaning to it. Like I said I feel sorry for him that he's had to go low to rape.

Stop attacking me

Don't you think this man's actions are symptomatic of deeper societal problems?
Original post by StarvingAutist
Don't you think this man's actions are symptomatic of deeper societal problems?

Nope.
Nope.

You believe in free will?
Urrm maybe i missed something, but anyway, life imprisonment for rape? Since when have rapists been given "life" imprisonment? That's more than most murders get, and no sane person thinks rape is worse than murder.

i think it's probably due to murders being generally easier to justify (self-defence, mental illness, accidental, etc.) much harder to rationalise forcing sex on somebody
Original post by StarvingAutist
You believe in free will?

Yes.
Yes.

Interesting. Then why do you think he should be rehabilitated rather than punished?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending