Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wanna study medicine here in Slovenia, and i need about 40 IB points... Not to get in but to get some extra money from the government

Otherwise i wanted to apply to switzerland but decided that even if i gat some kind of a scholarship, id have to live as humble as possible, but here i can afford everything, thats EVERYTHING, i want!

But i wanna do some exchange programmes later

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to study:

Finance and Accounting at Brunel Uni. - Need 30pts with 5 in Maths and 4 in Enlgish.

If i don't get in for some reason, my back-up is:

Finance and accounting at Brighton Uni. - Need 26pts.

ReputationRep:
    im off to warwick to do management science..if i get 36 and 5 in maths (very doubtful now ) and a 5 in english..

otherwise im off to southampton to do management science and accounting.

ReputationRep:
    Edinbrugh Biochemistry need a 30 with 5 in bio and chem HL

or my Insurance

Leeds Biochemistry/genetics needs a 32 with 230 in toefl

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna study law at the University of Fribourg(Switzerland).
    Originally I wanted to do something medical, but after taking Chemistry HL after 2 years I'm fed up with anything scientific.....lol
    Guess I chose the wrong subjects then
    I need 30 IB points without bonus

ReputationRep:
    same here firestar..originally i wanted to go into engineering..so chose maths physics computer science..

now im going into management...all u need is english a1 standard and maths methods..

ReputationRep:
    Not sure yet but probably...

Manchester - Pharmacy- i need 32 points with 6 in math and chem.

Insurance : King's (32 points, 6 in chem) or School of Pharmacy in London (JUST 32 points;P )

Although if Im LUCKY and will have more then 40... (= questions about cell respiration in sec B Bio paper 2 & easy topics on my A1 exam) ill reject the offers and apply next year to oxbridge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firestar)
    I'm gonna study law at the University of Fribourg(Switzerland).
    Originally I wanted to do something medical, but after taking Chemistry HL after 2 years I'm fed up with anything scientific.....lol
    Guess I chose the wrong subjects then
    I need 30 IB points without bonus
    i always wanted to study medicine but after taking bio HL i say NO WAY!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Cambridge to study Natural Sciences if I pass the IB!!

Still haven't started history revision for wednesday (SL) and English (SL) paper 2...argh!

Maths and Physics HL went well though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guido)

Still haven't started history revision for wednesday (SL) and English (SL) paper 2...argh!

fantastic offer. i'm off to bristol to do english i think, 37 out of 45, 6 in English. I think the best offer ive heard of though is guy in my IB HL English set, offered AAB from Warwick...

ReputationRep:
    a guy in my school was asked for 34 points to do law at oxford (either 34 or 35 )

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully going to study Psychology @ Nottingham and I need 35 points with a 6 in one higher and 4 in English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by portugal)
    a guy in my school was asked for 34 points to do law at oxford (either 34 or 35 )
    a guy at my school got 38 without bonus points for law at Oxford (Lincoln college).

I'm off to Warwick, need 37 points owerall (incl. bonusponts) for PPE
    but I'm changing to philosophy

ReputationRep:
    hey guys that is so unfair, cuz my cmates that applied to oxford or cambridge got 39 or 40 points and 776 in chem HL, phys HL and maths HL (whatever comes better). Do u htink tehy have different standards for people from non EU (now we are, but at the time we werent)?

Hey Firestar are there any chances of gettin Erasmus excahnge in switzerland? What are medical school in switzerland like? I kinnda sympathise with german-speaking countries and i heard Medizinsicshe Universitaet Wien kinnda competes with Swiss unis?

I am quite sceptic about this Uni here in slovenia cuz they tend to be very conservative!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    I'm off to Warwick, need 37 points owerall (incl. bonusponts) for PPE
    but I'm changing to philosophy
    How do you change what you're studying?

Hopefully I'm going to Warwick too, to study English, as long as I get 36 points, or Edinburgh with 33 points for English/History.

ReputationRep:
    a few people applied to oxbridge from my school, including me. The offers from Oxford were all 38 (without EE and TOK), and from Cambridge they were 39 and 40, also without bonus. But someone at another school here (just quoting gossip) is supposed to have gotten an offer of 45!! So I guess there's a real range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guido)

How may points they want from u???

did u go for an interwiew??????

ReputationRep:
    I got two offer from imperial, they ask me 38 for EE engineering, and 36 for maths and computer science. I was put in the pool for cambridge, then they rejected me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vatrass)
    How may points they want from u???

did u go for an interwiew??????
    I have to pass...i.e. get 24 points.

Yeh i did go for an interview...

Pretty lucky with my offer but im not complaining!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by portugal)
    im off to warwick to do management science..if i get 36 and 5 in maths (very doubtful now ) and a 5 in english..

otherwise im off to southampton to do management science and accounting.
    Another one for Warwick

I have an offer for 6 Math HL 6 Physics HL and 36 points to do a Master in Physics.

Btw: I had an offer for Cambridge Natural Sciences with 7 7 6 amongsth HL Maths Physics and Chemistry plus 39 points overall. I declined it though...

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.