The Student Room Group

Feminists have ruined marriage. Women have rights, men have responsibilities. Discuss

Traditional marriage has both benefits and obligations for both genders. However, feminists consider any obligations on women to be "oppressive" and "misogynistic" - and have therefore campaigned over the past 40 years to get rid of them.

Being massive hypocrites, feminists have freed women from their traditional gender roles but want men to keep their traditional gender role (when it benefits women) - e.g. paying through the nose even after a divorce.

Men who get married today are taking a huge risk with very little benefit. Once married, their wives have all the power. She doesn't need to stay thin or keep her hair long or dress like a woman or provide sex or do any cooking or cleaning. She has her husband by the balls and he has to become her submissive little bitch or risk divorce = losing his house, children and half his wealth.

Of course, women are not attracted to submissive men, so wives soon lose respect and attraction to their husbands. Witness the 50% divorce rate with the majority of them initiated by women for frivolous reasons ("I'm not haaaapppy!!")

Men: Please AVOID MARRIAGE. Avoid becoming a woman's submissive little bitch. Avoid the financial assraping of divorce.

Women: You urgently need to campaign to make marriage fairer for men, or many of you are likely to end up lonely old spinsters with only cats to keep you company. Men are increasingly shunning the raw deal that is modern marriage (very wisely!).

Tldr: Marriage sucks. Men - do not marry!

Scroll to see replies

What you described there are unhealthy marriages with horrible women. I would never treat my future husband like that. Though I doubt I'll marry.
Reply 2
Yes feminists are vile.
Original post by SophieSmall
What you described there are unhealthy marriages with horrible women. I would never treat my future husband like that. Though I doubt I'll marry.

But what happens if you lured in by a horrible woman :afraid:
I hate feminists.

I liked the traditional roles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is why I prefer traditional but when you live in a liberal society sadly they want to destroy it.
Reply 6
What's worse is being lured in by a man who thinks he is a women.

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Reply 7
Original post by MarriageSucks
Traditional marriage has both benefits and obligations for both genders. However, feminists consider any obligations on women to be "oppressive" and "misogynistic" - and have therefore campaigned over the past 40 years to get rid of them.

Being massive hypocrites, feminists have freed women from their traditional gender roles but want men to keep their traditional gender role (when it benefits women) - e.g. paying through the nose even after a divorce.

Men who get married today are taking a huge risk with very little benefit. Once married, their wives have all the power. She doesn't need to stay thin or keep her hair long or dress like a woman or provide sex or do any cooking or cleaning. She has her husband by the balls and he has to become her submissive little bitch or risk divorce = losing his house, children and half his wealth.

Of course, women are not attracted to submissive men, so wives soon lose respect and attraction to their husbands. Witness the 50% divorce rate with the majority of them initiated by women for frivolous reasons ("I'm not haaaapppy!!")

Men: Please AVOID MARRIAGE. Avoid becoming a woman's submissive little bitch. Avoid the financial assraping of divorce.

Women: You urgently need to campaign to make marriage fairer for men, or many of you are likely to end up lonely old spinsters with only cats to keep you company. Men are increasingly shunning the raw deal that is modern marriage (very wisely!).

Tldr: Marriage sucks. Men - do not marry!

Well that is complete bull****
Original post by fofo5
Well that is complete bull****

No.

It isn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Count your losses and learn from it.
Reply 10
Original post by missfats

Yes it is
Original post by SophieSmall
Count your losses and learn from it.

Or save yourself the house and half your wealth, and learn from my post instead. Much cheaper. :wink:
I'm not going to get married. Utter ****ing suicide for men.
I am a feminist. This doesn't mean that I am a evil women who wants to rule the world and treat men like slaves. That is ****. What I want is for men and women to have EQUAL rights and responsibilities.

In a marriage- men and women should do equal amounts of housework. Both genders should have a role in bringing up the kids. In cases of divorce, both parties should pay equally.

Yes, feminists are vocal about their desires. But we still haven't accomplished equality for both sexes. It will take another 40 years before the pay gap is finally closed. There is still everyday sexism on the streets, for MEN as well as Women. (Yes, there is sexism for men as well- nobody pays as much attention to it sadly)

I would like to live in a world where you could be whoever you want to be, regardless of gender, age, race, orientation or religion. Sadly, we have got a long way to go before my dream is realised.

But we are making those slow steps towards equality. It will be a little while before we finally get true equality.
Original post by GoldenEmblem277
I am a feminist. This doesn't mean that I am a evil women who wants to rule the world and treat men like slaves. That is ****. What I want is for men and women to have EQUAL rights and responsibilities.

In a marriage- men and women should do equal amounts of housework. Both genders should have a role in bringing up the kids. In cases of divorce, both parties should pay equally.

Yes, feminists are vocal about their desires. But we still haven't accomplished equality for both sexes. It will take another 40 years before the pay gap is finally closed. There is still everyday sexism on the streets, for MEN as well as Women. (Yes, there is sexism for men as well- nobody pays as much attention to it sadly)

I would like to live in a world where you could be whoever you want to be, regardless of gender, age, race, orientation or religion. Sadly, we have got a long way to go before my dream is realised.

But we are making those slow steps towards equality. It will be a little while before we finally get true equality.

Do you ever believe men and women will have equality in the UK?
It will take another 40 years before the pay gap is finally closed.

The pay gap doesn't exist.

Couldn't have said this better myself!
Original post by bittr n swt
Do you ever believe men and women will have equality in the UK?

Possibly, but it will take a little while longer before it does happen. Even though I'm an optimist, I am not sure that this will occur during my lifetime.
Original post by Snagprophet
The pay gap doesn't exist.

It still does. The gap actually widened recently- females are apparently paid 78% of what men are paid. Whilst I admit that male and female job choices hold an explanation for the discrepancy, I do believe that discrimination of women also play a huge role.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-business/10513636/Gender-pay-gap-widens-with-women-earning-an-average-of-5000-less-reports-ONS.html
Original post by Danielle_0195

Thank you! :smile:
What I want is for men and women to have EQUAL rights and responsibilities.

Original post by Danielle_0195

Do you both want equality in areas where men are disadvantaged?

For example, do you want equal numbers of men and women to die at work?(currently 93% of people who die at work are men)

Do you want equal numbers of men and women to kill themselves? (currently it's about 4-1 men-women)

Do you want equal numbers of men and women to be homeless? (currently men make up far more homeless people)

Do you want the average life expectancy to be the same? (currently women live longer than men in nearly every country in the world)

It seems to me that feminists are often hypocritical - looking up to the top of society and seeing that it is male dominated and demanding more women in the boardroom and in parliament, but ignoring the fact that the bottom of society is overwhelmingly male too.

Quick Reply

Latest