The Student Room Group

#shortgirlappreciationday on Twitter.

So it's the shortest day of the year..which prompts a short girl appreciation hashtag on twitter! :smile:

Thoughts?

I think short girls are absolutely the norm! Do we really need an appreciation day? I'm pretty tall at 5'8/5'9 so I can safely say I get a lot of ''giant'' comments which can actually be pretty hurtful :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

This is the kind of one-way street **** that the Twitter/Tumblr plane is oblivious to. What about manlet appreciation day? Or short-guy appreciation day? Pretty sure that's never going to happen. God behold anyone in perjury that says obese-women are un-attractive, those sites would blow up.
Naw I'm sorry people say hurtful things about you :frown: I'm a foot shorter than you at 4'9 I've had my fair share of horrid comments too.
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
This is the kind of one-way street **** that the Twitter/Tumblr plane is oblivious to. What about manlet appreciation day? Or shot-guy appreciation day? Pretty sure that's never going to happen. God behold anyone in perjury that says obese-women are un-attractive, those sites would blow up.

Then why don't you start it yourself?
Stupid hashtag if anything it should be for guys tbh as being a short guy is worse
Original post by SophieSmall
Then why don't you start it yourself?

Because I don't use those sites and don't care enough to start some vacuous hashtag social-warrior movement. Pointing out the obvious dichotomy of hypocrisy doesn't mean I'm endowed to reversing it or making a counter-movement.
Because I don't use those sites and don't care enough to start some vacuous hashtag social-warrior movement. Pointing out the obvious dichotomy of hypocrisy doesn't mean I'm endowed to reversing it or making a counter-movement.

It doesn't mean you have to do anything about it no, but it does make your complaining a little silly if you're not prepared to do anything about it.
It doesn't mean you have to do anything about it no, but it does make your complaining a little silly if you're not prepared to do anything about it.

What a load of pseudo-intellectual rubbish. The validity of my statement is not predicated on my taking action because of it.
What a load of pseudo-intellectual rubbish. The validity of my statement is not predicated on my taking action because of it.

haha pseudo-intellectual? How can my post be described as anything close to trying to be even remotely intellectual? Just seems like common sense to me.

And I never said your comment was invalid, in fact your comment was very valid. But I just said if it bothers you why not do something about it?
haha pseudo-intellectual? How can my post be described as anything close to trying to be even remotely intellectual? Just seems like common sense to me.

And I never said your comment was invalid, in fact your comment was very valid. But I just said if it bothers you why not do something about it?

You use your mind, ergo exhort intellect. Call it common-sense if you want, but it's **** common-sense then.

And I explained why that's a ridiculous assertion.
:ahee: That's me! Vixen has short chicken legs! I have to wear leggings all the time because jeans are either too long or too big for me. I wore my supposedly "skinny" jeans yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks and they fit like ****ing jogging bottoms! :eek: But I get to jump on my boyfriend and have him hold me which, according to my tall friends, they can't do. That almost makes being short worth it. :love:
You use your mind, ergo exhort intellect. Call it common-sense if you want, but it's **** common-sense then.

And I explained why that's a ridiculous assertion.

I'm now finding it hilarious that YOU called ME a pseudo-intellectual.
I'm now finding it hilarious that YOU called ME a pseudo-intellectual.

Yes. ME.
Yes. ME.

Ahaha okay whatever :') I'm going to go eat cake and watch video games.
Short women don't face the discrimination short men face from the opposite sex and it's a fact. On Twitter there's loads of vile comments saying short men should be wiped out and anyone under 6ft is undateable. I'm 5ft 9, don't consider myself tall or short but apparently I should go kill myself as I'm not part of the 6ft male master race.
Oh its hobbit appreciation day, I had no idea :smile:
This is the kind of one-way street **** that the Twitter/Tumblr plane is oblivious to. What about manlet appreciation day? Or short-guy appreciation day? Pretty sure that's never going to happen. God behold anyone in perjury that says obese-women are un-attractive, those sites would blow up.

Obese women are unattractive. There, I said it.
Shout outs to all the short girls as in 5'3 or less, i got much love for you guys :cool:
When people say I'm short I tell them: 'I'm not short. I'm fun sized!!'
.. why can't we have a tall girl appreciation day?
Or a short guy appreciation day?

Or a general appreciate everyone day?

Quick Reply

Latest