Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    First year I did AS levels in Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, Computing, Maths and French. Second year I took all but Accounting to A-level and added an AEA in Economics and another AS level in Critical Thinking. We were meant to do General Studies but I didn't particularly fancy a sixth A-level...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePants999)
    First year I did AS levels in Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, Computing, Maths and French. Second year I took all but Accounting to A-level and added an AEA in Economics and another AS level in Critical Thinking. We were meant to do General Studies but I didn't particularly fancy a sixth A-level...
    I see,
    your sixth-form has some pretty good a-level subjects

ReputationRep:
    http://www.richuish.ac.uk/pages/courselist.htm
    Not bad. Although Economics wasn't offered when I was there, I had to study it on my own.

ReputationRep:
    I will study Maths,Further Maths,Physics,Economics,Governme nt&Politics and Chinese this Sep.( Because I am a native speaker of Chinese,so I don't need to spend any time on Chinese study.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shopaholicjenni)
    I dont think there is any one taking 6 AS/A levels. As taking 3 is stressfull enough :eek:.
    At the moment i'm choosing the subjects i wish to study for Six-form but the problem is i'm not sure i wanna be, at the moment i'm spanding between the 2 eras one wich is maths/business and sicece.
    I really dont know what i wanna do :confused: my head is banging
    On the other hand i'm a bit worried when you apply for uni with 6 A-levels, they will not take you as taking 6 a-levels is absurd as average is 3/4

I appreicate everyones opinions, thoughts and experiences
    I took 5 A'Levels and 1 AS. English Langauge, Psychology, History, Maths (stats) and Physics, and AS Critical Thinking. The Critical Thinking wasn't a big absorber of time (couple hours a week for a couple months) but I think it's harder than GS.

ReputationRep:
    WOW!, your sixth-form let you take 5 A-LEVELs not including GS?
    Who did you talk to about taking an extra A-level?
    How come you are choosing 5 AL?

yep after a bit of talking... I talked to the head of sixth form, a deputy head and my head of year...

my grades aren't amazing like some ppl's on here but I do go to a crap school (if that's any excuse) but I think my head of year and my past record have a lot to do with it...

I wanted to do 5 a levels because I love the subjects and couldn't choose between them (maybe I'm kind of sad lol), science is something that really interests me so I wanted to do them all... maths, I couldn't give up maths, I'm the first to do stats gcse as well as normal maths (only 2 of us are doing it and we're the first) I really like maths (cue the 'you weirdo comments!) and art, art's great and something that I've really worked at and improved so much, I couldn 't give that up!

my deputy head joked about me doing 10 a levels... I love all my subjects and really work hard at them to do better (but occasionally esp with corusework get fed up tho)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.richuish.ac.uk/pages/courselist.htm
    Not bad. Although Economics wasn't offered when I was there, I had to study it on my own.
    you studied ecomomics by yourself then took the examination?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    I will study Maths,Further Maths,Physics,Economics,Governme nt&Politics and Chinese this Sep.( Because I am a native speaker of Chinese,so I don't need to spend any time on Chinese study.)
    You study at a privite school or? Chinese Ha, good choice, i did that with my chinese GCSE exam as well, only problem is that i cant write very well but i got a good grade in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    I took 5 A'Levels and 1 AS. English Langauge, Psychology, History, Maths (stats) and Physics, and AS Critical Thinking. The Critical Thinking wasn't a big absorber of time (couple hours a week for a couple months) but I think it's harder than GS.
    wow 5 a-level, was it stressful? My sixth-form do not offer the course-critcal thinking sign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

yep after a bit of talking... I talked to the head of sixth form, a deputy head and my head of year...

my grades aren't amazing like some ppl's on here but I do go to a crap school (if that's any excuse) but I think my head of year and my past record have a lot to do with it...

I wanted to do 5 a levels because I love the subjects and couldn't choose between them (maybe I'm kind of sad lol), science is something that really interests me so I wanted to do them all... maths, I couldn't give up maths, I'm the first to do stats gcse as well as normal maths (only 2 of us are doing it and we're the first) I really like maths (cue the 'you weirdo comments!) and art, art's great and something that I've really worked at and improved so much, I couldn 't give that up!

my deputy head joked about me doing 10 a levels... I love all my subjects and really work hard at them to do better (but occasionally esp with corusework get fed up tho)
    Its a good thing that you loved the subjects . I was thinking of taking A-level art cause it takes up most of your time. correct?

How do feel about chemsitry and biology A-level? intresting?

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify I get 3hrs30mins of free lessons per week [3x1hr10mins].

You could always take all 6 subjects you want to do, and drop any if you don't like them / feel like you've taken too many.

ReputationRep:
    you studied ecomomics by yourself then took the examination?
    Yup. Funny enough, it turned out as my highest mark... maybe that says something about the teaching in my college

ReputationRep:
    Its a good thing that you loved the subjects . I was thinking of taking A-level art cause it takes up most of your time. correct?

How do feel about chemsitry and biology A-level? intresting?
    I haven't done my a levels yet - still doing gcses...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I haven't done my a levels yet - still doing gcses...
    oopz!! soz.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Funny enough, it turned out as my highest mark... maybe that says something about the teaching in my college
    WOW! it shows that self-studying is better than attending school/college
    wad your teachers god smacked? or impressed?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know really - I haven't been back to college since results day! But this being a sixth form of 1,200 people, individuals kind of tend to get lost in the masses and you don't get a huge amount of individual attention.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what subjects you can do AEAs in?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know really - I haven't been back to college since results day! But this being a sixth form of 1,200 people, individuals kind of tend to get lost in the masses and you don't get a huge amount of individual attention.
    1200 people at your old sixth-form, wow that counts big compare to smaller insitute, but small compare to larger scale colleges. But it also depends on the class size isnt? As the more popular the subject is the more pupils attending in that lesson. You'll do good no matter where you are.

ReputationRep:
    According to a document I've seen:

Biology (and Human Biology)
    Chemistry
    Critical Thinking
    Economics
    English
    French
    Geography
    German
    History
    Irish
    Latin
    Mathematics
    Physics
    Religious Studies
    Spanish
    Welsh
    Welsh as a Second Language

However, the document is two years old and may be out of date.

ReputationRep:
    As the more popular the subject is the more pupils attending in that lesson.
    Mmmm... that wasn't too true at my college. More popular subjects simply had more classes rather than bigger classes. So, for example, Spanish only had one class whereas English had many, but the classes were about the same size.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.