The Student Room Group

Is dating a friend going to work out?

So there's this girl that I met at uni over 2 years ago now. We spent a lot of time together initially and what not, but long story short she since changed uni but we still frequently see each other.
I've told her I like her on a few occasions to different responses each time, all usually ultimately ending up in lets just be friends.
However, after the last occasion that happened she came down to see me and we were pretty much all over each other all week, spooning etc but we never actually spoke about it.

I've kind of been too focused on not completely ruining the friendship and recently had it pointed out to me by several friends it might be time to "grow a ****ing backbone" which tbf is absolutely right, so I asked her on a date for when she comes back from holiday to which she said yes. I know that sounds like a done deal perhaps, but it never tends to work out as simple as that.

I have a few questions, firstly am I wasting my time on a girl who either isn't really interested/playing me? Secondly for anyone with a vaguely similar experience, is it seriously likely that i'm actually going to jump from friend zone to potentially dating?

cheers guys
Reply 1
it's always gonna be worth a shot! you never know, and i think it would drive you mad if you didn't give it a go, the what-ifs are more frustrating than regrets in my experience.
i think relationships from friendships tend to be more long lasting and strong in most cases, just because you already have that foundation of friendship to keep it going, so you're actually in a great position!
good luck, hope the date goes well! :smile:
If you're going on a date then it's done. Just go on the date and enjoy yourself and try to get as much out of the situation as you can and maybe you'll have a beautiful relationship or maybe you'll end up depressed, crying on the floor with a bottle of vodka but either way you tried.
Hmm it really depends on weather you think that what your going into will last for potentially forever. Because on the one hand yes dating a friend is good because it's like hanging out with your best friend and have feelings for one another but on the other hand, if this relationship does not work out you can never be friends again and I know ounces you break up, there's no relationship no friendship for you two to pick up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending