Spring semester: what happens exactly after the Assessment period?

Watch
crasfants
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello there,

I'm going to study at Nottingham during the 2015 as a exchange student (I'm from México). I was checking Nottingham's Timetable ( http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/academic...5-by-weeks.pdf ) and discovered that the examinations will take place from May 11 to June 6 and then the term continues until June 19. I find this quite strange: at least in my Uni, once examinations are over, well... that's it :P

Thus, I was wondering: exactly what goes on after examinations are over? Specially considering most of my courses allocate 100% of the note to the final exam.

My return flight is on June 19, so I won't be able to attend classes that day. Could that be a significant problem? Should I change my flight?

Thank you in advance for your help,
kumquat
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hola Crasfants,

I am well impressed with your level of English! well done!

On to the topic... not attending the classes on June 19th should not be an issue. IF you do have classes after the 12th - it's highly unlikely - then they don't usually continue until the 19th. Perhaps for things like Medicine, or where a placement is involved, but for most Degrees, teaching finishes in May.

The University puts 19th June more for its own admin purposes. Students generally finish after their last exam, and are not expected to go back to lessons.

Ultimately, it depends on the type of course you're doing, and the level of it (Undergraduate or Postgrad).

I hope this helps.
Mimir
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kumquat)
Hola Crasfants,

Not attending the classes on June 19th is not an issue. IF you do have classes, then it's likely they will have finished by this time.

The University puts 19th June more for its own admin purposes. Students generally finish after their last exam, and are not expected to go back to lessons.

Ultimately, it depends on the type of course you're doing, and the level of it (Undergraduate or Postgrad).

I hope this helps.

By the way... en case de que quieras, hablo español - quizás podamos 'platicar' cuando llegues? Mándame un mensajito!
Word to the wise, don't post in languages other than English - the Mods get cross. You'll get warned by them. Edit your post and translate the Spanish.
kumquat
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mimir)
Word to the wise, don't post in languages other than English - the Mods get cross. You'll get warned by them. Edit your post and translate the Spanish.
My bad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (85)
26.23%
England (109)
33.64%
Belgium (27)
8.33%
Germany (38)
11.73%
Spain (6)
1.85%