The Student Room Group

LSE or UCL for Geography?

So I have offers from both for Geography BA. I'm waiting on Oxford now, so one of these will either be my firm or insurance. They're both AAA. I've been to UCL twice and do like the course, but can anyone underline any differences in the courses and uni's overall that aren't stated online (obviously LSE has no physical, not a problem to me), like how I've heard LSE is really hard work. Any help appreciated.
Original post by Nickbonista
So I have offers from both for Geography BA. I'm waiting on Oxford now, so one of these will either be my firm or insurance. They're both AAA. I've been to UCL twice and do like the course, but can anyone underline any differences in the courses and uni's overall that aren't stated online (obviously LSE has no physical, not a problem to me), like how I've heard LSE is really hard work. Any help appreciated.

Both are very good Universities so there isn't much in the way of difference in reputation. LSE is obviously slightly more prestigious but at the same time it has a reputation as a very serious University whereas UCL is more sociable. It is likely that the workload at LSE will be higher but its not like UCL is going to be an easy route.

Personally I would go with LSE because of the reputation but if you genuinely like UCL more after having visited it, choose UCL. You can't get wrong with either.
Reply 2
Do you (or anyone reading this) have any experience or accounts of the societies at LSE? Because there seem to be a good range at UCL, and obviously there are the UofL federal societies, but I'm not familiar with the kind and range of societies at LSE. I'm planning to visit LSE around March, but would be good to hear anything beforehand.
Reply 3
IMO LSE > UCL

They are both highly regarded but there is still a noticeable margin in rep.

At this point go for what modules you think will be interesting etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending