Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Since l've been at uni l've slept til midday every day l don't have lectures! My alarm's set for 8am, but l turn it off without waking up. It's very annoying cos it wastes half the day and l don't sleep well at night (circular problem really). l'm also really scared it'll happen on a lecture day. Oh yeah and l feel very tired during morning lectures. What can l do to help me get up?
    Thanks
    GH

ReputationRep:
    go bed early and set two alarm clocks

ReputationRep:
    That's what Uni does to you.

In a few months you'll be a unhealthy lazy arse with a looming alcohol problem.

The exact reason i quit.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, this sounds silly but have you tried putting your alarm across the room or something similar? Therefore turning off makes you get up and less likely to doze back off if you're already in bed.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I was sleeping until 1 / 2pm long before I started Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Haha that guy is getting teabagged by a horse.

Have a rep for that picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by froggi)
    go bed early and set two alarm clocks
    going to bed early means a longer insomnia session unfortunately, but another alarm clock is a good idea

ReputationRep:
    may do some exercise (I know people would think that'd make you even more tired) but it might just because that ur physical energy is low... need to get fit really.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try changing gradually. Set your alarm for 11 first, and then once you're waking up easily then, make it earlier etc. Eventually your body should be adjusted to waking up earlier. Not sure if it will work, but worth a try i guess!

Gemma

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe some coward neg repped me.

How do i find out who does the anon neg repping?

ReputationRep:
    On a day when you don't have lectures at all (say a Saturday night) stay up all night. You should then be tired enough on the Sunday night to head to bed for something like 10pm (if you can stay awake that long).

That will kick you back into a routine of going to bed when it's evening and not the wee small hours of the morning, and hopefully get you out of this jet-lag effect.

Physical exercise will also help, because it'll make you physically tired (I'm assuming you're also mentally tired from the studying).

And make sure you wind down properly before you go to bed - have a warm drink, maybe a bath, and just relax into your nice warm cozy bed and snuggle down and...zzzzzzzzzz *sends self to sleep*

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that too, I can easily sleep in really late whereas at home even if I didn't have work/school I'd still wake up at 8! It's kinda annoying, but I think it's to do with all the noise that goes on in halls at night, hopefully it'll calm down at some point!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.