Family removed when children celebrate goal

Watch
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
If you can't enjoy good play and have an emotional release at football, where can you?

"when Falcao equalised the two boys jumped up in the air, super excited... I gave them a big hug. At that exact moment one woman from one side and one from three rows back jumped out of their seats to screech: 'Kick them out.'

Within a second we were dropped on by two stewards who without any thought whatsoever, no negotiation, no warning and telling us to calm down, said: 'You've got to leave the stadium, guys.' We weren't asked, we were told ... and booted out of the ground. I apologised to the people around, it brought my boys to tears.

I said surely you're joking? Can't we just apologise and promise not to jump up again ... do we really have to go? The stewards said 'you have to leave now or do you want us to get the police?'

"The stewards as they were walking us out said 'it could have kicked off'. We were in the family stand. They're seven and nine. It's not going to kick off."

Source.

He was in the Villa section.
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's stupid for the stewards to do that no common sense whatsoever
midgemeister7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They were in the wrong section of the stadium ffs, they should certainly have been kicked out.

Of course they can enjoy 'emotional release' but not at the expense of the enjoyment of the home fans.
NJA
Rep:
?
I think it shows how tribal people are, an over-reaction but it will mean seats will remain empty rather than sold to fans of the opposition.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Entirely right for them to be ejected from the Home end. Rules are rules, that they were kids is no consequence at all. The enjoyment of the Villa fans who pay to turn up every week is what the club ought to be concerned about here only.

My dad brought me to the home end at Elland Road once for an Arsenal game and had I celebrated a goal I think he would have left the stadium himself out of embarrassment.
midgemeister7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Entirely right for them to be asked for them to be ejected from the Home end. Rules are rules, that they were kids is no consequence at all. The enjoyment of the Villa fans who pay to turn up every week is what the club ought to be concerned about here.
Exactly. It's hardly a vicious attack when it says it on the back of the bloody ticket! I'd want an away fan kicked out if he/she celebrated next to me at Arsenal... pure idiocy of the father allowing the kids to jump up and down celebrating.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by midgemeister7)
Exactly. It's hardly a vicious attack when it says it on the back of the bloody ticket! I'd want an away fan kicked out if he/she celebrated next to me at Arsenal... pure idiocy of the father allowing the kids to jump up and down celebrating.
At Schalke/Arsenal 2 years ago, literally was about 50% German in certain areas of the home end. Bit of a piss-take to pay £1000 a year to watch football and not even have the right to sit with like minded fans as promised. And these guys were not quiet whatsoever, was like sitting in the away end.

Hate it when people use the excuse ''they're only kids!'' when it is the parents who have instigated the entire, avoidable situation. Ridiculous, but all too common mentality.
Eboracum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Absolutely ridiculous decision by the stewards, and I utterly condemn it. Aston Villa Football Club should be criticised. The reality is, the bigger clubs have fans all over the country, many of which want to see their team play, and if they cannot travel for whatever reason, this might be there only chance.

Really really poor. Nobody should be kicked out of the stadium unless they are being violent/racist.
midgemeister7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
At Schalke/Arsenal 2 years ago, literally was about 50% German in certain areas of the home end. Bit of a piss-take to pay £1000 a year to watch football and not even have the right to sit with like minded fans as promised. And these guys were not quiet whatsoever, was like sitting in the away end.

Hate it when people use the excuse ''they're only kids!'' when it is the parents who have instigated the entire, avoidable situation. Ridiculous, but all too common mentality.
Yeah, I wasn't able to get to that one but my family there said that there was loads of Schalke fans in the Clock End upper, must have been too many to evict unfortunately.

The comments on that original article are painful. So many self-righteous people trying to mount their high horses with comments like 'It's fine at Rugby...' and 'It was a family stand where people should have been peacefully watching the game' (wtf lol, even the family enclosure at Arsenal is nothing like that).
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Harsh to kick them out but why on earth did the father take the kids to the home section when they were going to cheer the away team? Home and away supporters are seperated for a reason...
NJA
Rep:
?
Are there any separation guidelines on trains?
al_94
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Home seats are for home fans they shouldn't be in those seats anyway.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A few things here.

- On the back of the stubs it clearly says the ticket is for home supporters only. Any away supporters found will be ejected. They are just following club policy.

- Had there not been a complaint, I don't think they'd have been ejected.

- That dad strikes me as someone who hasn't done many matches. I'd been in other team's home ends with my dad at about that age actually, 9 or 10, and he made it very, very clear what would happen if I celebrated a goal. I didn't want me or my dad to get punched or spat on so I didn't do it. Seems like Zurich's dad was the same, but I'm guessing his old man is a seasoned match goer like mine & not a clueless **** like this fella.

- Poster above asking why he'd take his kids to the home section when they are away supporters. He'd have had more chance finding water in the desert than getting into the away allocated seats so it only leaves him with the home seats as an option and even those were a chore for non Villa fans. These tickets were not on general sale to the public and the ground was a lockout. The only way United fans could have got one in our end is if they had booking history from last season (and the match wasn't this same fixture) or a Villa fan sorted them out.

- "I'm a United fan, their mom is a Villa fan, they're somewhere on the middle". Sounds like *******s if they didn't celebrate Benteke's goal but celebrated Falcao's.

However if I saw this I personally would have stood up for my fellow supporter and asked the steward to back off as they are just young lads. Doubt it would have done anything, but it is the decent thing to do.

I dunno why some of you lot are so disgusted by this and I don't know this bloke thinks he's got grounds for complaint. He broke the T&C's.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Eboracum)
Absolutely ridiculous decision by the stewards, and I utterly condemn it. Aston Villa Football Club should be criticised. The reality is, the bigger clubs have fans all over the country, many of which want to see their team play, and if they cannot travel for whatever reason, this might be there only chance.

Really really poor. Nobody should be kicked out of the stadium unless they are being violent/racist.
That's just hard luck pal & one of the trade offs when you support a glory team.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by samir12)
Harsh to kick them out but why on earth did the father take the kids to the home section when they were going to cheer the away team? Home and away supporters are seperated for a reason...
United away tickets are nigh on impossible to obtain unless you've been going for ages or you know the right people. Every allocation could easily be sold out several times over, so when you play a team like Villa where tickets are easily obtainable, of course you're going to go in the home end. I've done it before.

There would have been loads of United fans in the home end on Saturday and the stewards would obviously have been told to keep an eye out before the game started. At the end of the day they're just doing their job.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
United away tickets are nigh on impossible to obtain unless you've been going for ages or you know the right people. Every allocation could easily be sold out several times over, so when you play a team like Villa where tickets are easily obtainable, of course you're going to go in the home end. I've done it before.

There would have been loads of United fans in the home end on Saturday and the stewards would obviously have been told to keep an eye out before the game started. At the end of the day they're just doing their job.
This is usually the case but they weren't on GS this year, unless you had bought tickets last year (and the match wasn't against MU) then you had no chance unless someone could sort you out. I even know of MU fans being refunded after purchases had gone through via the website.

They were really determined to keep them out this year :cool:

The stewards are arse holes though a lad next to me got ejected for shouting 'you've got no fans!' at one of them after being told to sit down
midgemeister7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)

Why couldn't this family in question just go to any of the 19 home Premier League game then?
plasmaman
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by NJA)
If you can't enjoy good play and have an emotional release at football, where can you?

"when Falcao equalised the two boys jumped up in the air, super excited... I gave them a big hug. At that exact moment one woman from one side and one from three rows back jumped out of their seats to screech: 'Kick them out.'

Within a second we were dropped on by two stewards who without any thought whatsoever, no negotiation, no warning and telling us to calm down, said: 'You've got to leave the stadium, guys.' We weren't asked, we were told ... and booted out of the ground. I apologised to the people around, it brought my boys to tears.

I said surely you're joking? Can't we just apologise and promise not to jump up again ... do we really have to go? The stewards said 'you have to leave now or do you want us to get the police?'

"The stewards as they were walking us out said 'it could have kicked off'. We were in the family stand. They're seven and nine. It's not going to kick off."

Source.

He was in the Villa section.
This is why you watch non-league football.
Eboracum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
That's just hard luck pal & one of the trade offs when you support a glory team.
It's not a problem for me as I go to home games, but for one of the teams that don't. It's just elitist crap. Football tickets are no different from anything else, there should be no discrimination on who can and can't buy tickets.

(Original post by midgemeister7)
Why couldn't this family in question just go to any of the 19 home Premier League game then?
That's irrelevant, they can choose which game to go to and they wanted to go this one.
TornadoGR4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Eboracum)

No, no, just no.

If you go to places like Millwall, Leeds, West Ham...hell even Shrewsbury, they have absolute nutters supporting them. Complete nutters. Celebrating amongst these people that already have a very short fuse is just asking for trouble.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.89%
Excited but a bit nervous (121)
45.66%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.83%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.62%

Watched Threads