charkierans
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have an interview at Kings College London and I am so nervous its unreal. Please help me, I'm so scared!!
hullaballoon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congrats on your interview!

The important thing is to prepare but also to not stress out about it too much over Christmas (I know, easier said than done), especially seeing as King's does MMIs, which need less preparation than a standard 1-to-1 interview. I think MMIs seem a lot scarier because you're dealing with the unexpected, but don't worry too much about trying to second-guess everything they might ask you, and instead focus on a few key things.

First, although it's MMIs (which might be something like 'what if' scenarios, asking you what you'd do in a certain situation) also be prepared there may be a station where they ask you a traditional interview question. (Note that I've never gone through a King's interview so basing it on experiences from other unis I've had interviews for). So make sure you can answer 'Why nursing?', 'Why X nursing and not adult/child/mental health?', 'Why King's' and know the 6 Cs inside and out and compassionate care.

The key thing with MMIs is communication and being able to get your thoughts across clearly in a logical manner, which I think is something that can be practiced or at least thought about a bit beforehand. The simple two-step way that I'd answer a scenario/what would you do question would be something like this:

1. State the obvious problems within the scenario and why they're problems (i.e in a scenario where a nurse lies to a patient, you could say the problem is that the nurse lied and this is a problem because the patient won't trust them anymore/the patient deserves to know what is happening to them/the patient should be involved in their own care etc.)
2. Give possible solutions to each problem and the potential outcomes (i.e the nurse apologises to the patient which instills respect again but maybe the patient asks for a different nurse now etc.)

Honestly, preparing for MMIs is hard because you can't really prepare all that much. I'd advise reading something like the Nursing Times to stay up to date with current nursing news and to make sure you relax over Christmas!! Remember that if you've got this far they're interested in you and they want to see you excel on the day! Good luck!
smariakatrina
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by charkierans)
I have an interview at Kings College London and I am so nervous its unreal. Please help me, I'm so scared!!
When is your interview? I have an interview as well but it's on the 12th of Jan! Considering how I live in Wales, they've offered me to do the test and MMI on the same day!
science33
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by smariakatrina)
When is your interview? I have an interview as well but it's on the 12th of Jan! Considering how I live in Wales, they've offered me to do the test and MMI on the same day!
Hey...mines on 12th of jan as well. Do you think we will have group discussion on that day.
smariakatrina
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by science33)
Hey...mines on 12th of jan as well. Do you think we will have group discussion on that day.
I think we'll just have to go through the different stations but I don't think we'll have a group discussion/activity... Have you done the literacy and numeracy test?
science33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nope, they said if I am sucessfull with my tests, they will call me for MMI which I am absolutely nervous about. Where else have you applied?
smariakatrina
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nope, they said if I am sucessfull with my tests, they will call me for MMI which I am absolutely nervous about. Where else have you applied?
Oh right, I see - and I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you revise . I applied to Cardiff, Manchester and Plymouth. You?
science33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh right, I see - and I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you revise . I applied to Cardiff, Manchester and Plymouth. You?
I applied to manchester, kings, southampton and Birmingham..but got rejected by manchester and southampton..
smariakatrina
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied to manchester, kings, southampton and Birmingham..but got rejected by manchester and southampton..
That's horrible but don't lose hope (as cliche as that may sound)! We're not all going to get accepted into our choices and you still have 2 unis
science33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's horrible but don't lose hope (as cliche as that may sound)! We're not all going to get accepted into our choices and you still have 2 unis
Aww thanks..yeah hopefully..I need to do well in my kings ones..is kings your first choice??
smariakatrina
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aww thanks..yeah hopefully..I need to do well in my kings ones..is kings your first choice??
Yeah, it is! You? What time is your test btw? Mine is at half 1 but i'm not sure whether that's the test or the MMI...
science33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, it is! You? What time is your test btw? Mine is at half 1 but i'm not sure whether that's the test or the MMI...
Yeah..mines at 1:30 pm as well.
Chelceyg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My kings interview is on the 12th too but not till 15:30! I've had a look at other MMI's online so can imagine the type of things they will ask. Huge focus point will be the 6C's. And just think a one to one interview you only have one shot at least with MMI's you have more interviews with a variety of people so even if you don't do great at one station but the others love you it will be fine 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
smariakatrina
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chelceyg)
My kings interview is on the 12th too but not till 15:30! I've had a look at other MMI's online so can imagine the type of things they will ask. Huge focus point will be the 6C's. And just think a one to one interview you only have one shot at least with MMI's you have more interviews with a variety of people so even if you don't do great at one station but the others love you it will be fine ������
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you Have you done the literacy and numeracy test or are you doing both on the same day? Yeah that's good because if I mess up on one station, at least i'll have the other stations to (hopefully) rectify my mistake haha
Chelceyg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It says mine is all on the same day. I'm travelling from Devon so will be a long day only starting at 15:30 so will just have to try and not stress out all day in London!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
smariakatrina
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chelceyg)
It says mine is all on the same day. I'm travelling from Devon so will be a long day only starting at 15:30 so will just have to try and not stress out all day in London!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, I see. Same here - I'm from Wales so I'm doing both as well. Well, good luck to us King's applicants haha!
charkierans
Rep:
?
Mines tomorrow too! Just come to London from Manchester, staying over night so I'm not stressed tomorrow morning! Good Luck!
charkierans
Rep:
?
I am so scared. I just practiced a numeracy test and it really didnt go well. Any ideas what kind of questions they will ask us at the interview bit?!
username1229433
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the King's numeracy test, you need to get 12/15 (80%) and with the English test, they want to see if you can write, expand on ideas and understand what they are asking you to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chelceyg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Best of luck to anyone having their interview today!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (243)
54%
18-20 years old (no) (57)
12.67%
20-25 years old (yes) (74)
16.44%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.33%