The Student Room Group

Bookaholics Anonymous. Hello, my name is.... and I am a book addict!

Hello TSR!

I'm going to start this thread, as looking at the two bookshelves that followed me to university, and the numerous boxes and piles of books around them, I have been forced to admit, that my love of books is completely out of hand... And I love it :biggrin:

So, my name is ShadowWolf21, and I am a book addict. I've been addicted to books and reading since my age was in single digits. I don't care if the book is fiction, non-fiction, hardback or paperback, a massive tome or a tiny novella; I cannot seem to stop buying books!

The backlog I now have to read and catch-up on, is unreal.

Not only that, but I'm a series collector. If I buy any book that has a number 1 on the spine, it is almost a given I will buy sequels (but it is true I avoid teenage-fiction since the Twilight disaster...)

Are there any other serious bookaholics out there?!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

My name is Hannah and I am a bookaholic. I have piles of books in my room cause I've overrun my four bookcases. I've got over 200 books on my kindle and have probably spent thousands on books. I bring a suitcase of books with me everywhere!!
My name is Queen Cersei and I'm a bookaholic.

I have books everywhere (it makes moving out really hard) and I despise kindles!
Does anyone else also just really love that book smell (new or old)?
My name is Antifazian and I am a book addict. I don't like to collect them though, I prefer to leave them in places for other people to find and hopefully enjoy reading too, as I don't like to read anything twice anyway.

Books make me very happy, paperback or e-book, I don't discriminate. :cool:
my name is bear™ and books are meat and drink to me. i do not have one of those electric things. actual books are stacked all over my dwelling. most come from charity shops and car boot sales. some from amazon. when i have finished i take them down to Oxfam.

favorite authors:

Mr Murakami
Mr Burgess
Mr Durrell
Mr de Bernières
Mr Leigh Fermor
Original post by Antifazian
My name is Antifazian and I am a book addict. I don't like to collect them though, I prefer to leave them in places for other people to find and hopefully enjoy reading too, as I don't like to read anything twice anyway.

I've finally started using my iPhone to read e-books, but only when the paperback I'm reading is too big to take somewhere, or my lamp isn't working!

That's a lovely idea :h:
Original post by ShadowWolf21
I've finally started using my iPhone to read e-books, but only when the paperback I'm reading is too big to take somewhere, or my lamp isn't working!

Get a Kindle, it will change your life completely. :smile:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

I can't part with paperbacks! They're beautiful and amazing! And a Kindle wouldn't feel like a good book does in my hands :redface:

I've considered it, many times...

if you are caught short at a picnic then which is more use:

a Kindle

or

a copy of Russell Brand's autobiography ?
Hi I'm Lauren and I'm a bookaholic; I've adored reading since I learnt to read as a small child :biggrin:

Admittedly I don't own as many books as I used to do but I'm slowly building my collection back up.

My favourite genres of Literature are Young Adult, Contemporary, Fantasy and Historical Fiction; the book I'm reading at the moment is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

If you have a GoodReads account (if you don't, you need one): feel free to add me on: https://t.co/REknUi5NEn :smile:

I agree! Kindles are pretty amazing little things. I don't think they necessarily replace paperbacks either, I still buy and read both and I enjoy the slightly different experience you get from each. But the Kindle rules when it comes to travelling!
Original post by the bear
if you are caught short at a picnic then which is more use:

a Kindle

or

a copy of Russell Brand's autobiography ?

Queen Cersei would say the kindle :beard:

Queen Cersei
x

:creep:
I agree! Kindles are pretty amazing little things. I don't think they necessarily replace paperbacks either, I still buy and read both and I enjoy the slightly different experience you get from each. But the Kindle rules when it comes to travelling!

They don't completely, I still have a nice collection of books. But for those books which you're just going to read once, Kindle all the way. :h:

Hahah! I don't think I have ever even held a kindle...

(I've also never read RB's autobiography however)
Reply 17
Hello, my name is Francesca and I'm a bookaholic!
My first ever Christmas present was a book, it takes a place of pride on the bookcase. :smile:
My granny was a librarian and she took me to the library a lot as a child. I was pretty much raised there, I think!
I have a kindle, but nothing will beat the smell of a book when you open it. :smile: When I want to get through a book quickly, I read it on my kindle.
Original post by Queen Cersei
Hahah! I don't think I have ever even held a kindle...

(I've also never read RB's autobiography however)

How do you know you hate Kindles if you've never even held one...? :beard:
How do you know you hate Kindles if you've never even held one...? :beard:

I've never held a shark but I hate those too... :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending