Sopheea
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Where do you go in bristol,
Im 18, supposed to be in the year below, but I'm a first year in uni now.
I smoke, anything really.
Where do you go for fun, and i don't mean freshers kind of fun, i mean like locals fun.
Also how realistic is Skins, I'm a Nigerian yeah, i know a lot about the american west coast culture and lower east coast culture(somewhat) But I'm here (in bristol) cause lets face is, the Uk educational system rocks. Help anyone?

FYI- I don't think skins is realistic really after the first two seasons
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol Skins is not realistic, and American urban culture is almost completely irrelevant. But Bristol has long been one of the most happening cities in the country. The vibrant music scene and urban activist culture seem to be a palpable undercurrent. Plus people are friendly, unlike Londoners. To really experience Bristol you certainly do have to become a local (freshers' fun is ****, I agree) and that's far more rewarding in Bristol than in some of Britain's more identikit cities.
Vito Scaletta
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sopheea)
Where do you go in bristol,
Im 18, supposed to be in the year below, but I'm a first year in uni now.
I smoke, anything really.
Where do you go for fun, and i don't mean freshers kind of fun, i mean like locals fun.
Also how realistic is Skins, I'm a Nigerian yeah, i know a lot about the american west coast culture and lower east coast culture(somewhat) But I'm here (in bristol) cause lets face is, the Uk educational system rocks. Help anyone?
LOL! Did you think your experience of UK life would be identical to skins? lololololol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sopheea
Rep:
?
(Original post by scrotgrot)
Lol Skins is not realistic, and American urban culture is almost completely irrelevant. But Bristol has long been one of the most happening cities in the country. The vibrant music scene and urban activist culture seem to be a palpable undercurrent. Plus people are friendly, unlike Londoners. To really experience Bristol you certainly do have to become a local (freshers' fun is ****, I agree) and that's far more rewarding in Bristol than in some of Britain's more identikit cities.
I figured, lol i said the stuff about the american urban culture to show how clueless i am here.
Any advice for someone like me who clearly would like to have some actual fun like the locals do?
Sopheea
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vito Scaletta)
LOL! Did you think your experience of UK life would be identical to skins? lololololol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't be silly, I've been here two years now, was in kent for a while, which was pretty lame. Just asking to see if bristol was remotely close to how its shown in the first two seasons which seemed a bit realistic.
Didn't come here cause i watched a show
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads