DavidM95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ok, so there's probably a simple answer to this but I can't for the love of me find it... I've went through case law and just don't know what the answer is.

Problem Scenario

There is a directive which has been incorrectly transposed into domestic law. The implementation period is not yet up.

Can state liability be used as a remedy even though the implementation period hasn't passed?

I'd appreciate your answers! This is the only part of my coursework which I am not 100% sure on.

Thanks
DavidM95
Rep:
?
Anyone?
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you had a look at Inter-Environnement Wallonie ASBL v Région wallonne?
DavidM95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Forum User)
Have you had a look at Inter-Environnement Wallonie ASBL v Région wallonne?
It's in relation to directives and not in relation to state liability.

It mentions that, during the implementation period states must refrain from adopting measures that are likely to seriously compromise the result prescribed by the directive.
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, so I'm saying that the incorrect transposition might be a breach of EU law even though the time limit hasn't expired to implement the directive. Whether there is any state liability would then turn on whether the criteria in Brasserie du Pecheur were met, wouldn't it?
DavidM95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Forum User)
Yeah, so I'm saying that the incorrect transposition might be a breach of EU law even though the time limit hasn't expired to implement the directive. Whether there is any state liability would then turn on whether the criteria in Brasserie du Pecheur were met, wouldn't it?

Yes! Thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (127)
41.78%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.18%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (24)
7.89%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.04%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
10.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed