Gcseenglish
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I received a conditional offer from one of my choices and it said the requirements that I needed which included the BTEC im doing and the gcse I am redoing.

It said I have to send a copy of my results to the university by the 31st of August. What does this mean exactly ?
And don't the uni's get my grades through the exam board and UCAS?

Woukd help so much if someone could answer these , thank you
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gcseenglish)
Hi,

I received a conditional offer from one of my choices and it said the requirements that I needed which included the BTEC im doing and the gcse I am redoing.

It said I have to send a copy of my results to the university by the 31st of August. What does this mean exactly ?
And don't the uni's get my grades through the exam board and UCAS?

Woukd help so much if someone could answer these , thank you
They might get the Btec but not the GCSE
Gcseenglish
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelly1000)
They might get the Btec but not the GCSE
but they asked for me to send a copy, how do I do that?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
but they asked for me to send a copy, how do I do that?
scan your results slip and email it to them
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
GCSEs aren't sent to Ucas as A level results are. Do as stated above.
Gcseenglish
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelly1000)
scan your results slip and email it to them
When you say scan what do you mean?
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When you say scan what do you mean?
Take a picture and send it by email.
Gcseenglish
Rep:
?
Thanks, also, this may seem irrelevant to the subject but when do I apply for accomodation , they say it's first come first serve.

Do you apply when they send an email , also do you apply when you have a conditional offer with your first choice ?

the only problem is WHEN do I apply for it
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks, also, this may seem irrelevant to the subject but when do I apply for accomodation , they say it's first come first serve.

Do you apply when they send an email , also do you apply when you have a conditional offer with your first choice ?

the only problem is WHEN do I apply for it
You apply for accommodation when you have firmed your first choice, which you can't do until they have all replied. No need to do it before May anyway. It isn't first come, first served and universities are not allowed to try and suggest that you need to firm quickly on the basis of accommodation running out, although some will certainly try it on. It won't, and they don't allocate it until after results are out in August, when they can see who is actually coming.
Gcseenglish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
You apply for accommodation when you have firmed your first choice, which you can't do until they have all replied. No need to do it before May anyway. It isn't first come, first served and universities are not allowed to try and suggest that you need to firm quickly on the basis of accommodation running out, although some will certainly try it on. It won't, and they don't allocate it until after results are out in August, when they can see who is actually coming.
thank you , and when scanning my gcse results and sending it to the uni , Should I just take a normal photo on my iPhone and send it to the uni admissions via email?
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
thank you , and when scanning my gcse results and sending it to the uni , Should I just take a normal photo on my iPhone and send it to the uni admissions via email?
Use a scanner on a printer and send that via email as an attachment. And wait until they tell you who to send it to. Don't just send it off willy nilly.
sydneybridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You will be sent all sorts of stuff by the Uni once you go Firm - so you dont need to worry about picking accom quite yet.

Your school can 'scan-in' your BTEC results and then you attach this pdf or jpeg to an email to the Uni.

BTEC results are issued by the college/school and these results are often issued 'late' by the overall awarding body to UCAS - hence their request for you to send it to avoid this delay.

If you included the GCSE retake on your UCAS application, this will be sent to UCAS automatically - BUT GCSEs are announced a week after the A level results therefore you will have to wait for this before your Uni place can be confirmed.
fudgecake22
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How long do you think an applicant has to wait before they're place is confirmed-if not on results day I mean the maximum days/time? If you know thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gcseenglish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
Use a scanner on a printer and send that via email as an attachment. And wait until they tell you who to send it to. Don't just send it off willy nilly.
this is sooo confusing !.
can you explain the steps because I have never done this before and I don't want to be panicking when the time comes
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
this is sooo confusing !.
can you explain the steps because I have never done this before and I don't want to be panicking when the time comes
No, because I have no idea what kind of scanner you have or whatever. Practise sending documents attached to an email before then. You've got 8 months to get it sorted.
sydneybridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by fudgecake22)
How long do you think an applicant has to wait before they're place is confirmed-if not on results day I mean the maximum days/time?
TSR Guide to Results Day
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...el_results_day

The majority will be confirmed on Results Day itself. But borderline cases may be held for a few days - to see if anything 'better' comes through Clearing/Adjustment etc. The other hold up can be exam results/remarks.
Its rare for anyone to be kept waiting more than about 2 weeks max.

[Why?]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (694)
33.82%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.1%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.48%

Watched Threads