URGENT: Fifa 15 damage limitation. Responses needed ASAP!

Watch
username1204872
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Fast responses needed ASAP.

I'll cut to the chase.

My mate has challenged me to a FIFA 15 match on PS4. I play FIFA 15 online on Xbox 360 and the best I've reached is Division 2 so I'm half decent, but I'm roughly division 3 standard. He plays a lot more than me and floats around division 1 or 2. Plus we're playing on his PS4 so he is at an advantage.

I know there's a 95% chance I'll lose so I need tips on Damage Limitation i.e. I'm totally cool with only losing 2-0.

What team should I use (preferably teams less likely to concede goals)? What formation? Any particular style of play I should adopt?

This mate of mine also chats garbage so he's probably not as good as he thinks he is.

Anyway it's important because we're playing in a neutral location i.e. at another friend's place. And in front of a bunch of friends.

Cheers in advance!
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chelsea have a good defence so use them? Just do long balls and defend like crazy
The Shed End
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get a life.
al_94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't let him get the ball to the attackers play a high pressing game + counter attack. Foul him in the midfield if you have to just make sure you don't get a red card.
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chelsea or Real Madrid, and just stick with a 4-5-1 on Park the Bus.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best form of defence is attack.
Skill Twix
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well,
use team mate defending and contain him a lot!
Use Bayern Munich or Real Madrid!
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Best form of defence is attack.
Not in FIFA. You'll get destroyed if he's quite a bit better than you.
James2810
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just park the bus and do long balls.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NathanW18)
Shhhh. :ninja:
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Shed End)
Get a life.
This.
therapiststeve
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Roronoa)
Fast responses needed ASAP.

I'll cut to the chase.

My mate has challenged me to a FIFA 15 match on PS4. I play FIFA 15 online on Xbox 360 and the best I've reached is Division 2 so I'm half decent, but I'm roughly division 3 standard. He plays a lot more than me and floats around division 1 or 2. Plus we're playing on his PS4 so he is at an advantage.

I know there's a 95% chance I'll lose so I need tips on Damage Limitation i.e. I'm totally cool with only losing 2-0.

What team should I use (preferably teams less likely to concede goals)? What formation? Any particular style of play I should adopt?

This mate of mine also chats garbage so he's probably not as good as he thinks he is.

Anyway it's important because we're playing in a neutral location i.e. at another friend's place. And in front of a bunch of friends.

Cheers in advance!
Never go for a tackle. Just have your defends constantly stay in front of the strikers so when they go to shoot the computer blocks for you
united2000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Roronoa)

D
The first thing you need to know about FIFA is its scripted.
This means the game changes stats or other things to change the score of the game.
Its known as rubber banding, momentum etc..

Luckily for you this means just because he is a better player you will hopefully have scripting on your side and can win. You may notice you are conceeding a lot of chances in the first half but in the second half you are playing really well, scripting.

I would advise a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 formation, get it wide, cross it in and head it to the side from where the cross has come from. So if you cross it from the right, head it towards the right. If done correctly this will be 100% goal.

I suggest FC Porto or Bayern Munich.
I have been known in the past to play goalkeepers or center backs upfront as this tactic is very effective. So basically go through your team and find the tallest player and stick them upfront. Porto have Jackon Martinez and Bayern have quite a few who are tall to play there.

In regards to scripting i suggest attacking all out just after kick off and just before the end of the first half and the end of the game. There is always goals at these times because of scripting, so if you have the ball you are more likely to score.
Defending wise i advise not to tackle much at all. Scripting should mean his passes eventually will go out of play or to your players. I would back off until he gets just outside your box then close down.

Once this happens, use 1-2 passing and get free on the wing, wait for your tall guy in the middle and then cross it to him.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Guy is Div 2 standard so he won't be very adaptable to situations. Just use Real Madrid 4-3-3. Ronaldo and Bale on the counter positioned high up the pitch is going to be hard to handle. Put in Khedira instead of James Rodriguez for the defensive work rate but play him at CM not at DM. Use Kroos at DM because he can pick out balls from deep and use the inside channels between fullback and centre back because Bale and Ronaldo like to run into that space, Ronaldo especially.

You're going to require having Kroos move into the channels that the forwards of the opposition team try to get into to reduce space for the opposition to get in behind the defence. Mainly the inside right and inside left channels. The outside right and outside left channels you'll use the central midfielders (Modric and Khedira) to double up or sometimes Ronaldo and Bale if they sit deep enough.

(Original post by al_94)
Don't let him get the ball to the attackers play a high pressing game + counter attack. Foul him in the midfield if you have to just make sure you don't get a red card.
Then he ends up on an early yellow and he's more reluctant to stick in a tackle.
If he plays a high pressing game he's toast if the guy can pick out a through ball two short passes and one l1+triangle and their forward is clear through on goal. Press quickly but for a few seconds after that retreat to the halfway line/area too many people.

(Original post by Arkasia)
Chelsea or Real Madrid, and just stick with a 4-5-1 on Park the Bus.
Real Madrid.

Park the bus on 4-5-1 won't work it's only good for periods of games but not good to use the whole game. If the opposition knows how to keep possession(although guy's div1/2 floater standard so he most probably won't) then he'll stretch out the players, OP is div 3 standard so is very likely to get drawn out when having periods of little possession.

(Original post by NathanW18)
Yeah this. Although just because you defend doesn't mean you are not better than the person. I like to play FIFA the right way but I can get nasty when required to.

If a guy doesn't know how to finish their chances and can't stop a few measly counter attacks then are they really that good? Coming from a guy who tends to dominate the opposition game after game.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
play as Arsenal

Monreal CB, Flamini DM and be sure to get Podolski Ozil and Cazorla as your front 3 for defensive work rate
username1204872
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Update.

I did not end up employing any of the recommended tactics you guys had suggested. Thought that it would be best to play my own game (possession play... yes I am one of those).

I used Arsenal and he used Borussia Dortmund.

I played out of my skin and earned a 2-2 draw! In fact I was 2-0 up and almost made it 3-0 when I hit the bar with Welbeck. So sort of gutted that I didn't win.. but I didn't lose. He was livid, he truly thought he would destroy me, and I truly thought I was going to be hammered myself!

Cheers for the advice regardless.
IceJJFish(II)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
x
Always find Chelsea the best to park the bus on FIFA, 4-3-3 defend and have Matic next to a ball carrier (I usually play Filipe Luis there), you can put Mikel in but then it's sweaty and attack and defence isn't linked. Drop Fabregas, Oscar at CM and the the obvious front 3. Only problem with Chelsea is everyone works too hard and wingers are often in their own half, as is Costa, so you end up having to dribble 40 yards to get within range and if you're not the best dribbler essentially you're ****ed.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by IceJJFish(II))
Always find Chelsea the best to park the bus on FIFA, 4-3-3 defend and have Matic next to a ball carrier (I usually play Filipe Luis there), you can put Mikel in but then it's sweaty and attack and defence isn't linked. Drop Fabregas, Oscar at CM and the the obvious front 3. Only problem with Chelsea is everyone works too hard and wingers are often in their own half, as is Costa, so you end up having to dribble 40 yards to get within range and if you're not the best dribbler essentially you're ****ed.
I find my best formation with Chelsea as 4-3-3 normal, Ramires, Matic and Fabregas, Oscar left wing Hazard right wing. I do a specific pass which suits Oscar best(L1 + triangle from the touchline around 18 yards out slightly vertical to Costa to head in and Fabregas controls possession. Hazard is wasted a little in the formation but I find that people expect him to go round the outside on the right side so I cut in with him and he gets a lot of space that way.

Not really a possession style of play but a very adaptable style.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed