Bloxorus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Can anyone help me with a precise definition of economic progress? I have a question about measuring economic progress using GDP per capita and real wages, however I have not been given a definition, nor can I find one online.

Thanks in advance.
username1494226
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I can tell you that Africa as a whole is not the definition of economic progress, its a total mess of an economy across that continent. How about a more serious answer. I would define economic progress as being the progressive increase in GDP, economic and industrial output defined also by an increase in living standards, an increase in HDI( and other core indicators), an increase in social equality(rights, services etc.) and a general upward spiral of growth. I'm a tad rusty with economics but thats what I can give ya, its been a good few months since I studied anything economics related(did economics at GCSE and explored it quite deeply with Geography of all subjects but hey thats human geography for ya)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (31)
11.31%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (153)
55.84%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (42)
15.33%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (42)
15.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
2.19%

Watched Threads