Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    mate that stinks how many points do u get before you loose ur license?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo72)
    We have driven the entire length of the M3 at 140mph!

I have passed my 2 years - had a couple of near misses - all in new areas like London where they are a bit more sly than my own area.

What car did you drive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty12)
    Did i mention i was in a new area!!
    Isnt that an even bigger reason to slow down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    What car did you drive?
    Wasn't my car - it was a 2.0 Renault - the saloon - think it was a Laguna.

The car was very steady - so no worries on safety - that motorway is fairly straight and it was generally quiet throughout.

ReputationRep:
    Renault 2.0litre Laguna could never fetch 140mph unless it had at least 200hp in it. In fact, 130mph would be pushing it! Most 2.0litre cars couldn't fetch that type of speed unless seriously light, or fully loaded with bhp and torque.

ReputationRep:
    Yea Walshie but on the speedo it probably would

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan)
    Yea Walshie but on the speedo it probably would

Indeed, it was the speedo we were reading it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty12)
    Hey just thought i tell u I got caught speeding by a camera and concequently have 3 points on my license and a £60 fine. I was doing 54 in a 40. Not very clever.

I've only be driving about a year so i'm walking on very thin ice with only 3 points left and then when there gone i'm buggered.

i never speed intentionally except perhaps to overtake and i didn't know the road as hadn't been in the area. However this is just useless excuses. So let this be a lesson to you, its not worth it ! I've learnt the hard way.
    Dayum, always pays to keep your eyes on the speedo, and the Speed Signs around.. Even if it is a new area.

Oh dear, might wanna be a little more careful, under 2 years and with 6 points and you're license goes bye byes

Sorry to hear about this, it sucks.. Too easy to go over the speed limit without realising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Renault 2.0litre Laguna could never fetch 140mph unless it had at least 200hp in it. In fact, 130mph would be pushing it! Most 2.0litre cars couldn't fetch that type of speed unless seriously light, or fully loaded with bhp and torque.

That's why I asked lol.

Wonder who else would pick up on that.

Oh, the 2.0L Laguna has a top speed of 127 MPH.

ReputationRep:
    That's why I asked lol.

mums astra gsi spedo has seen 155. not boasting cos it isnt exactly smart but is probably actual ~130? anyone agree?

ReputationRep:
    FOr the record they do a 2.0 T Laguna at 205 bhp, which would manage it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soilman)
    mums astra gsi spedo has seen 155. not boasting cos it isnt exactly smart but is probably actual ~130? anyone agree?
    Was that going down the hill, with the wind blowing the back of the car by any chance?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pghstochaj)
    FOr the record they do a 2.0 T Laguna at 205 bhp, which would manage it.

Didn't mention a turbo Guv'nor.

I love Lagunas for the record, my dad's got one. Brillaint cars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soilman)

My cars got a speedo of 130, but actual top speed is 115....................

I've not pushed it there yet, and I beleive it can go higher, thanks to internal work.

ReputationRep:
    That's why I asked lol.

Is that actual speedo or speedo speed? I can assure you this one had a speedo speed reading of around 140 (and obviously it went higher)

Why would anyone quote their speed figures with 'real' speed figures (i.e taken from sat nav) - wouldn't make it comparable with what other people are saying (and yes I realise it was prob going under 140 in real speed).

ReputationRep:
    Didn't mention a turbo Guv'nor.

I love Lagunas for the record, my dad's got one. Brillaint cars.
    He didn't not mention one, and he described the laguna as a saloon out of memory, if it saw 140 it was a 2.0 T no questions asked.

ReputationRep:
    He didn't not mention one, and he described the laguna as a saloon out of memory, if it saw 140 it was a 2.0 T no questions asked.
    If definitley saw some actiion because we did the whole journey in almost half the time it normally takes at 70-80.

I will find out as to the actual spec.

ReputationRep:
    OP: Bugger! Your right its not worth speeding, i have been driving nearly 2 years now with a clean licence (get full full licence on 16th November! Woo!) and you come to realise in like your 2nd year of driving that speed isn't everything anymore and you just get bored of driving tbh...well i did anyway. I am really starting to dislike driving, its just so monotonous! Anyways yeh, bugger!

As for the guy who was speeding on the M4, M40 and M42, be really careful! The police have implemented new speeding traps down all three of those roads and tried to have my Dad done for speeding on the M40 (Dad got a QC in and the case collapsed on a technicality). Seriously, if you want to do speeding, the M6 Toll is good as is the M3.

Graham

ReputationRep:

Aye, I was just thinking about the speedo, as it's only indicated. Since he didn;'t mention one I never though it would be the GT Laguna.

I meant ot have a look at my dads tonight, but I forgot.

GT DCI, yummy!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for peoples symathy, and for all the snide comments well again thanks. I may have got caught but look at my speed it wasn't coz i was meaning 'to drive fast' but i just didnt realise the speed limit, and i have to face the music. I'm not bragging bout doing 100+ on a moterway.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.