Turn on thread page Beta

I got caught! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)

5-years driving without a single penalty point; have it.
    Ditto! Only Im a girl though :p:

I know loads of people who lost their license through reaching the maximum 6 points allowed in the 2 year period so I was really careful during that time. Never had a ticket since either. I dont think I could cope losing my driving license, I honestly dont! Thats why I treat it with respect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OBScene)
    Two adult passengers in front seat, both in police uniform, with extra antenna on the roof, driving a plain colour (blue/green/silver) boring but powerful car, e.g. Vectra, top-end Volvo. Always looks well-maintained and usually driving just below the speed limit, with a glint behind the grill (lights) visibible in your rear-view mirror, or a large, long black box on the rear parcel shelf if you're following (to display messages).

If you're at all observant, they're hard not to spot .
    They might not be too hard to spot if you're right behind or infront of one but if you're just driving along you'll do well to spot one in the distance.

I've had a lucky escape with an unmarked vectra in the past, I was doing over 90 and this unmarked car suddenly appeared behind me lights and all, I thought '****' but then i moved over and it just overtook me, it must have been going somewhere else.

I've been fairly lucky so far, i've been driving the best part of 4 years and done thousands and thousands of miles and not been caught...yet :s

ReputationRep:
    OOh thats harsh. Never mind eh, at least you didn't lose your licence!! £60 is a bit of a ***** tho!

ReputationRep:
    Your not kidding. Gettin a speeding ticket doesn't mean that I don't respect it!! Most people drive over the speed limits but don't get caught

ReputationRep:
    Why do women get caught so often? It's because police officers are pervs and stares at them all the time. Men are less noticeable.

I drived for 4 years speeding occassionally without a driving license and I was never caught. I do have a license now but I still don't get caught for speeding.

ReputationRep:
    ha!

Yeah cameras are male ha!

Driving without a license, great idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty12)
    Your not kidding. Gettin a speeding ticket doesn't mean that I don't respect it!! Most people drive over the speed limits but don't get caught
    Someone has to get caught though dont they, and unfortunately it was unlucky that it was you.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunatley true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndrew)
    Was that going down the hill, with the wind blowing the back of the car by any chance?!
    no

ReputationRep:
    WHy bother speeding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freezer)
    WHy bother speeding?
    Why bother being a hypocrit?

ReputationRep:
    I'm female, and have only been driving almost 2 years but I noticed speed cameras and obstacles in the road!

ReputationRep:
    WHy bother speeding?
    probably because its more fun, not that I advocate it

on another note, anyone know hwo much itd cost to get a few small scratches out of a bonnet. theres about 5 30 cm long scratches but not very deep at all

ReputationRep:
    Pics?

Tried T Cut?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    WHy bother speeding?
    I agree, is there any need to speed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    They might not be too hard to spot if you're right behind or infront of one but if you're just driving along you'll do well to spot one in the distance.
    On the subject of unmarked police cars, on another forum a year or two ago, some said he was recently pulled over by a mk2 Cavalier SRi 130, even though they've been out of production for 18 years :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl1982)
    I agree, is there any need to speed?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Good game that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova2)
    probably because its more fun, not that I advocate it

on another note, anyone know hwo much itd cost to get a few small scratches out of a bonnet. theres about 5 30 cm long scratches but not very deep at all

I can understand someone saying I was doing 46 and I got flashed but 50 odd?

I say why bother speeding Ryan cos I do get annoyed that Drivers are meant to all be adults.. yet they abuse it.
    I mean she maybe worried about the fine and points now but now she knows where the camera is and she slows down and speeds back up and some kid walks out on the road, no chance of stopping and points and fines are gonna be the least of her worries.

You can all do the "im all good cos I drive fast" but one day it will come back and you'll be lucky if you dont have the knowledge you killed someone.

ReputationRep:
    I mean she maybe worried about the fine and points now but now she knows where the camera is and she slows down and speeds back up and some kid walks out on the road, no chance of stopping and points and fines are gonna be the least of her worries.
    Hence why you don't speed in residential areas you donut.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.