I got caught! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan)
    Why bother being a hypocrit?

Hahah, Ryan pwnt that n00b.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo72)
    We have driven the entire length of the M3 at 140mph!

I have passed my 2 years - had a couple of near misses - all in new areas like London where they are a bit more sly than my own area.
    I drove on the M3 the other day and there police cars all over the place! but I went on to get caught in Southampton by a front facing camera!very stupid mistake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan)
    Hence why you don't speed in residential areas you donut.
    Whoever it was that neg repped me for this comment please explain how it is "insulting" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naddles)
    I drove on the M3 the other day and there police cars all over the place! but I went on to get caught in Southampton by a front facing camera!very stupid mistake!
    Heh, they sometimes ahve police cars parked up on Bassett Avenue which is the road you come onto if you take the A33 exit - generally because people are still going 60 down a 40 road after they have left the motorway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freezer)
    I mean she maybe worried about the fine and points now but now she knows where the camera is and she slows down and speeds back up and some kid walks out on the road, no chance of stopping and points and fines are gonna be the least of her worries.
    Currently speeding in and of itself is portrayed as far too black and white. At 29mph children don't bounce safely from the bonnet, and at 31mph you are not evil-incarnate.

My girlfriend nearly killed a child last week as he sprinted across a dual carriageway infront of us. She was doing around 50mph as it was coming towards a junction, but was within the 70mph limit. If it wasn't for the junction, the traffic would have been doing 70, and a small child running from thick bushes doesn't stand a chance. She braked hard, luckily nothing went into the back of us, and the kid passed the front of the car with a metre to spare maybe.

If he had been slower, she had been faster ( but still within the limit), or something had been tailgating and shunted into her, the police would still be picking pieces out of the radiator.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Ryan)
    Whoever it was that neg repped me for this comment please explain how it is "insulting" ?
    My god how sad that someone neg repped you for that comment which was just common sense really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo72)
    Heh, they sometimes ahve police cars parked up on Bassett Avenue which is the road you come onto if you take the A33 exit - generally because people are still going 60 down a 40 road after they have left the motorway.
    I shall keep that in mind IF I can still drive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty12)
    Hey just thought i tell u I got caught speeding by a camera and concequently have 3 points on my license and a £60 fine. I was doing 54 in a 40. Not very clever.

I've only be driving about a year so i'm walking on very thin ice with only 3 points left and then when there gone i'm buggered.

i never speed intentionally except perhaps to overtake and i didn't know the road as hadn't been in the area. However this is just useless excuses. So let this be a lesson to you, its not worth it ! I've learnt the hard way.
    been there, done that... got the points

ReputationRep:
    Bulls**t to the comments toward the start of the thread that 'women don't notice speed cameras or obstacles'. In case you guys didn't realise not all women drive the same. I've been driving 4 years and haven't any speeding tickets...because I notice the glowing yellow things on posts and slow down!

As for those saying OMG you should never, ever speed! Try saying that once you've been driving for more than a couple of years. When I just passed my test I probably stuck bang on the speed limit, but I've gained in confidence and ability since then. I'm not reckless or arrogant when driving...but if you're zipping down an empty motorway in the middle of the night I bet you'd stick the pedal down a bit too.

ReputationRep:
    To those that have got a speeding ticket, what did the envelope look like when you got it? There's a letter from the poice headquaters that has arrived, it's addressed to my dad (but I drive my dad's car), and it's got sealed bits on the edge, similar to when you get your pin number or pay slip, and you have to rip the edges to get into it? that sound like a speeding ticket?

REALLY hope it isnt.

(Original post by Freezer)
    WHy bother speeding?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Risk-John-Ad...e=UTF8&s=books is one of the best books I've read answering just this type of question and more.

ReputationRep:
    Naddles did you get a ticket in the end?

ReputationRep:
    anyone been caught drivin gwithout insurancs? if so what happened?

ReputationRep:
    anyone that drives without insurance, in my opinion, should be shot!

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    yeah shoot them, its so wreckless!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Or...make things simple and shoot all the chavs?

Think about it, chavs will cost a fortune on benefits where as a rifle bullet ordered en masse will cost less than a penny! Its a sign.

Graham

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.