Turn on thread page Beta

McDonalds watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I heard on the radio this morning that some medical council has recommended that McDonalds change their doors so they're only 30 cms wide to stop fat people getting in. What do you think - is it a good idea to decrease obesity or just discrimination (fattism)? If you were too wide to get in would this encourage you to lose weight or would you just use the drive-thru instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    I heard on the radio this morning that some medical council has recommended that McDonalds change their doors so they're only 30 cms wide to stop fat people getting in. What do you think - is it a good idea to decrease obesity or just discrimination (fattism)? If you were too wide to get in would this encourage you to lose weight or would you just use the drive-thru instead?
    if you can't get thru' a narror door, how ya gonna get ya lardie butt into a car?

also are we talking 2 x 30 cm doors - ie 60cm? cos otherwise the whole world would have to be anorexic to eat there!!

ReputationRep:
    UH, thats against the disabled act. Because their wheelchairs won't be able to fit through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    if you can't get thru' a narror door, how ya gonna get ya lardie butt into a car?

also are we talking 2 x 30 cm doors - ie 60cm? cos otherwise the whole world would have to be anorexic to eat there!!
    Lol - well they're too fat to walk very far but you still see them around so there must be some way of travelling - a special bus service maybe?!

I thought that when I heard it too but decided I'd be able to fit through sideways, although 2 x 30 cm would have the desired effect too.

ReputationRep:
    i guess there'll still be the drive thru!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    UH, thats against the disabled act. Because their wheelchairs won't be able to fit through
    I guess there'd have to be special provision for wheelchairs then. I'd be very surprised if it actually happens though - it wouldn't be good business sense banning your biggest customers (no pun intended!). I was just wondering if anyone thought it would actually make a difference to the current level of obesity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    a special bus service maybe?!
    Are you suggesting a special bus service for obese people to go on excursions to mcdonalds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Are you suggesting a special bus service for obese people to go on excursions to mcdonalds?
    Just wondering how people who are too big to fit in their cars travel. I'm sure there'd be a market for one though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    I guess there'd have to be special provision for wheelchairs then.
    LMAO! Like a cat flap?

ReputationRep:
    Here's the artical. It is in The Scum though, so bound to be a little immotive and under researched

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004211842,00.html

ReputationRep:
    LMAO! Like a cat flap?
    That's a brilliant idea and would stop the fat people as well - they'd be able to crawl through but not stand up again on the other side.

I can't believe I posted a thread based on a story from the Sun Sorry!!

ReputationRep:
    I feel it is a good thing to discriminate against fat people. It is their own fault that they are that way.

It is wrong to discriminate against race because you can't change that and there is nothing wrong with that. Being fat is just because you havent treated yourself right and eat too much and don't do enough exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jak Spencer)
    I feel it is a good thing to discriminate against fat people. It is their own fault that they are that way.

It is wrong to discriminate against race because you can't change that and there is nothing wrong with that. Being fat is just because you havent treated yourself right and eat too much and don't do enough exercise.

And what about people with metabolic disorders?

ReputationRep:
    And what about people with metabolic disorders?
    Hopefully they wouldn't be trying to get fast food in the first place. In general I'm against discriminating against fat people just for being fat. For being stupid, eating greasy food and not exercising, yes, but not just for being fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    That is really discriminating, also 30 cm wide aint alot, not really fair, on the mothers with the buggies is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    not really fair, on the mothers with the buggies is it?
    they shouldnt be trying to get their babies addicted to fast food at such a young age.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i agree,

I have a friend who had a "metabolic dissorder" and was getting big quickly. He decided to stop it so he ate less and much more healthily and did lots of exercise - and now he is as thin as anyone

It is all about will power

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    Hopefully they wouldn't be trying to get fast food in the first place. In general I'm against discriminating against fat people just for being fat. For being stupid, eating greasy food and not exercising, yes, but not just for being fat.

My comment wasn't aimed at you

but why shouldn't people with tyroid or other conditions not be able to tuck into a MaccyD's once in a while?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    they shouldnt be trying to get their babies addicted to fast food at such a young age.
    ROFL!
    My comment wasn't aimed at you

but why shouldn't people with tyroid or other conditions not be able to tuck into a MaccyD's once in a while?
    Yeah I know but thought I'd answer anyway :rolleyes: If I had a glandular problem that was making me fat though I'd avoid fast food "restaurants" completely - if only to make sure no one suspected me of being fat and lazy.

ReputationRep:
    I was walking around twon yesterday and had to go through some of those shoulder-high bollards (the kind that stop people with bikes or motorbikes going through) and I suddenly thought "What if you're too wide to go through?!"

I had to take my rucksack off

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.