The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
piginapoke
Davy you may be set against smoking but there's nothing better than a strong fag in the morning to pull you out of a stupor.

McD's is positively healthy compared the transport cafe in middlesbrough, bacon sarnies dripping with lard!

Nah smoking is baaaaaad! I'll stick with my McDonalds as a pick me up but feel free to carry on, you are of course, paying my future salary.
Reply 41
piginapoke
Hehe UKL's messaging system should automatically add 'IMO' at the front of everyone's messages. Anyway, its the lesser of two evils. Unless you include wimpy. They had waitress service and plates last time I was in there (yonks ago).

wimpy I remember them! last time I had one of them was when I was about 9 wen i was in a show, it was the only food, and then I got shouted at for eating in my costume...
Reply 42
piginapoke
Bad but good, see? Bad as in long term health effects, good as in short term waking up effects! McDonalds is bad too...

Yadda yadda don't want to get into a smoking argument, spread the love :tongue:

i'm with daveo on the smoking thing, I don't get the 12 year olds at my school who smoke and think they're 'cool', in fact I think smoking's wrong for anyone, but I suppose it's your own choice...

on the other hand you didn't choose to have lungs etc so why should you be able to destroy them...
Reply 43
piginapoke
Wimpy were like the godfathers of fast food in my area. Sunderland wimpy, next to the station, its BK now! It was like McDonalds and BK are now only 20 years ago, those hustling multinationals! Mr Wimpy, I had a badge I think. At least he didn't look like that old perv Ronald McDonald, who has the voice of Michael Jackson when he actually speaks, has anyone seen RM and MJ at the same time? I think nyet comrades!

there used to be a wimpy about 10 minutes aways from me, it shut years ago...

I think my brother once had a party at wimpy's and flooded the toilets or something... I think the whole mcdonalds and co thing is more when you're little, for some reason it's a treat...
Reply 44
piginapoke
Just like you choose to have that bizarre pink font, I choose to have cigs! :tongue:

hey, my pink font's lovely!
Reply 45
piginapoke
Yes it is, its wonderful. I think I'll turn mine pink too in your honour!

yay *claps hands* it really brings out your eyes! :biggrin:
Reply 46
_meiko_
to burn the fat the best option is not to eat carbohydrates like chips or bread

Dr Atkins I presume. I don't see how not doing something can help you burn fat.
Reply 47
have you ever noticed the lighting in mcdonalds? is very crafty - did about the complex psychology of it at college. the lights behind the counter in the serving area are almost golden, very warm and homely. the idea of this is that you feel soothed and end up ordering extras you didnt actually want - and it works, i cant remember the number of the bulb they use, but theres been laods of tests on it. you then walk into the seating area and sit on your nice plastic chair and eat - but the lgihting here is nowhere near as nice, bright white and uncomfortable - the idea is to get you out as soon as possible. if however you are facing the soothing serving counter, youre likely to want to go back and get something else to take away with you! scientifically proven and everything - i plan to do my dissertation on it. did you know that marks and spencer also use a different type of bulb to any other shop in the whole world? this makes it very difficult for us graphic designers to test our products in their lighting as the bulbs are just so damn expensive!! god i learn some pointless things... MA in lightbulbs here we come!?
Reply 48
piginapoke
Ohh stop flirting :tongue:
I think she meant literally. Your eyes are hanging out by their connective tissue ends and fluids are flowing down your cheeks.
Reply 49
fifi53
scientifically proven and everything - i plan to do my dissertation on it. did you know that marks and spencer also use a different type of bulb to any other shop in the whole world? this makes it very difficult for us graphic designers to test our products in their lighting as the bulbs are just so damn expensive!! god i learn some pointless things... MA in lightbulbs here we come!?
1: Why are you doing a dissertation on something that has already being found and proved?

I thought the aim was to do something totally new.

2: Why design your products in a colour specifically for Marks and Sparks? Surely the lighting would be affected by internal spacing of lighting, the natural light available etc. So it would never be the same.
Reply 50

2: Why design your products in a colour specifically for Marks and Sparks? Surely the lighting would be affected by internal spacing of lighting, the natural light available etc. So it would never be the same.

all m&s stores have the same lighting... same with sainsburys etc. natural light is never an issue in large stores as the artificial light is so strong. you have to deisgn own-brand packaging with the lighting of the shop in mind - or itll just look wrong in the artificial light in the shop. all major printers have to have lightboxes for all major light types to check the colour matching... get it wrong and things that are green in natural light, might be blue in a shop light. with corporate colours this is a major issue. this also explains why things look nice in the shop, and crap under your 100w lightbulb at home
Reply 51
I saw somewhere that they use music to influence you as well. Apparently they play fast music when they're busy so you eat and leave quickly, and slower music when it's quiet to give the appearance that it's busier.

Latest

Trending

Trending