How to revise for philosophy and ethics on OCR?

Watch this thread
GoldGhost
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am panicking because I don't know how to revise for this subject. This subject at GCSE it was pretty simple because all you needed to know to get an A/A* in the exam was in the textbook. However, it seems like this isn't the case at a-level (as expected) and I am struggling to revise as I don't know where to start.
iKrA97
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I did Philosophy and Ethics OCR and you're are right about the textbook - using that by itself in not sufficient enough as my teacher said you'll get about a C. Do you guys get print outs in class from other textbooks? They're are ten times more detailed which is all I used to revise content in AS.
There are also some blogs with some example essays I used during exam period - you don't really need it now. Truly understanding content like arguments for God's existence (have you done philosophy yet?) and understanding ethical theories like Natural Law ( do this with mindmaps possibly or flashcards) with applied ethics examples is a good place to start in Christmas time
You are thinking about revision a lot earlier than I did which is good (learnt my lesson now in A2 )
Good Luck, if you need any more help you can ask
GoldGhost
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by iKrA97)
I did Philosophy and Ethics OCR and you're are right about the textbook - using that by itself in not sufficient enough as my teacher said you'll get about a C. Do you guys get print outs in class from other textbooks? They're are ten times more detailed which is all I used to revise content in AS.
There are also some blogs with some example essays I used during exam period - you don't really need it now. Truly understanding content like arguments for God's existence (have you done philosophy yet?) and understanding ethical theories like Natural Law ( do this with mindmaps possibly or flashcards) with applied ethics examples is a good place to start in Christmas time
You are thinking about revision a lot earlier than I did which is good (learnt my lesson now in A2 )
Good Luck, if you need any more help you can ask
Yes I have mocks in about 1.5 weeks so I need to prepare, thank-you for the advice. We do get given information packs too which are very helpful and are a lot more in depth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads