The Student Room Group

Parents wont let me work as a bouncer ?

I have a security badge and mainly do events and football matches, so I understand what its like to deal with all sorts of 'tough' people, such as drunks and hooligans. I am very good at speaking and I understand from my experience that security work is 90% verbal communication, if your good.

I would really like to work on club doors in the summer, but my parents are dead against it. I really want to do it and if it dosent work out for me at least i'll know.

Ive done events and football matches for 3 years now.

What can I do ?
Tell them straight that being a bouncer is better than bouncer-ing around from job to job.

Spoiler

Seriously, ask them why not and then try and smooth out any concerns that they have.
You're over 18, they can't stop you. I don't see the problem you're having.
Reply 4
Original post by crozibear96
Seriously, ask them why not and then try and smooth out any concerns that they have.

They say I could get stabbed and shot ? I understand that but it depends on the situation. It dosent bother me obviously i'll have back up and the radios bouncers use have a direct line to the police.

I didnt understand your last 'spoiler' joke :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by IMBCFC
They say I could get stabbed and shot ? I understand that but it depends on the situation. It dosent bother me obviously i'll have back up and the radios bouncers use have a direct line to the police.

Suprised they let you make this thread. Or did you manage to get around their parental controls?
Original post by IMBCFC

Sure, you could get stabbed or shot at a football match. You could even get stabbed or shot just walking your dog (if you have a dog) or going grocery shopping.

I made a pun about bouncing around from job to job.. You know, because you want to work as a BOUNCEr. I know, I know, it was terrible.
Reply 7
Money is Money, a job is a job, tell them to stop being pussies.
it's your choice in the end, I say you should get their reasons to why they won't let you- just to hear their side of the story
Do you have an SIA licence? You said you gave a security badge but without an SIA isn't it moot?
do whatever you want
Your parents are right..
Original post by crozibear96
Sure, you could get stabbed or shot at a football match. You could even get stabbed or shot just walking your dog (if you have a dog) or going grocery shopping.

I made a pun about bouncing around from job to job.. You know, because you want to work as a BOUNCEr. I know, I know, it was terrible.

It's unlikely at a football match, maybe just a punch up when ejecting a hooligan. But it can be more common with doors.

The joke wasn't that bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FeelingDepressed
Do you have an SIA licence? You said you gave a security badge but without an SIA isn't it moot?

I meant SIA licence

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending