AS psychology Research Methods PSYA1Watch this thread
I need help on how to revise Research Methods. The problem is most of the year is studying psychology and we are all based around one teacher, this teacher has been in but only a bit she has been off due to family issues which meant we have not been taught enough and have always had covers, if anyone could please explain research methods and what we have to revise to me I would be very grateful, thank you 😊
-Research Methods (e.g. types of experiments, and evaluate them).
-Aims & Hypotheses (e.g. directional/ non directional, and be able to use them).
-Types of Research Design (e.g. the use of independent groups, and evaluate them)
-Investigation Designs (e.g. the use of questionnaires, and evaluate them).
- Participant selection methods (e.g. the use of volunteers, and evaluate each method)
- Ethics (e.g. identifying and interpreting possible ethical problems)
- Data analysis (e.g. the use of content analysis)
- Descriptive statistics (e.g. measures of central tendency - mean & mode, etc).
-Finding and summarising correlations (e.g. finding and evaluating a line of best fit).
- Methods of Summarising Data (e.g. choosing the right type of chart for discontinuous/continuous data types).
I don't know if this helped, so you may need to ask your teacher for more information when she is in.
If you've had little time to be taught; perhaps look into obtaining a revision guide? They would have the information you would need while the teacher is away.