The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Friday 5th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

on question 8b I only put the four answers down and did not show any incorrect working out, does this mean i will loose marks?
So annoyed- I was going to come back to the transformations question and the one before it because they were so easy (my brain was getting all muddled and I didn't want to make a silly mistake on them so I left them to come back to), and then I forgot about them completely!! 6 marks down the drain. :angry: Other than that I think I've gotten about 55-59 depending on how generous they are with method marks, and I'm desperately hoping it's enough for an A because I really really want an A* overall. :frown: For the graph drawing on question 2, if I put the points where the curve crossed the x and y axis on the graph and got them right but didn't actually draw the graph, how many marks do you think I'll get? I also did a table of values underneath but didn't have time to draw the lines on. And for the sine graph, how many marks (if any) do you think I'll get if I got the curve wrong and the y coordinates of the end points wrong but the x coordinates correct? And for the very last question- if I solved the equation correctly and got the 2 original x values (-7.5 and 22.5 I think?) but didn't find the other x values, how many marks will I get? Thanks!
Original post by 2014_GCSE
gah I put x>1 and x<-5

any marks?

I got it as well. According to the graph, it should be right. -5 <x <1 is not the right solution, I assume.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What u think full ums is gonna be? Since june 14 was 71 for full ums I'm thinking about 69? I think I got 68 so probably just missed the cap :/
Original post by algebraicgenius
I got it as well. According to the graph, it should be right. -5 <x <1 is not the right solution, I assume.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You assume wrong.
Does either cosec/cot or cot/cosec equal sec? Because that's how I showed 8a

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone want to hazard a guess at the grade boundaries? I looked at the past two years and I'm about high E/low D going on average UMS, but I obviously don't know specifically what I got yet.
Reply 1987
Please can someone post workings for q7??
for the gg(x) didnt it ask for it in root?
Why is everyone so salty about this exam, AQA are allowed to change things a little bit otherwise everyone would just be repeating what they've already done and using no initiative to work out something different. It wasn't hard, it was different, and if you fully understood the content you'd have been able to work it out.
IMG_3487 (2).jpg
Original post by megz13
Please can someone post workings for q7??

hope this helps!!
For 8 (a) I derived two equations then divided one of the equations by the other and got the correct answer. Is that a valid way to answer the question?
Original post by Marcum
For 8 (a) I derived two equations then divided one of the equations by the other and got the correct answer. Is that a valid way to answer the question?

Yes that's how it was meant to be done
Original post by Marcum

That's exactly what I did, I have no idea
Has anyone got a copy of the paper? Or at least the questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bigphil98
Why is everyone so salty about this exam, AQA are allowed to change things a little bit otherwise everyone would just be repeating what they've already done and using no initiative to work out something different. It wasn't hard, it was different, and if you fully understood the content you'd have been able to work it out.

I don't see what was different about it, seemed like a completely standard paper to me?
Reply 1996
Thank you! That's great :smile: I messed up because I didn't separate the fractions! What an idiot! Oh well, might still get a couple of marks for the beginning bit! I did the bounds correct, would I get a mark for that even if my integration is wrong?
There's no "meant to be" in maths. Any valid method is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jhpy1024
I don't see what was different about it, seemed like a completely standard paper to me?

Modulus question was a little different, the iterative methods was different, the identity question was different. There was stuff which has never been in papers before but not stuff that wasn't possible to work out
Original post by KBen25
IMG_3487 (2).jpg

hope this helps!!

are you sure integral limits are 2 and 1???
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending