The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Friday 5th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by CD223
What would people say is the hardest paper they've come across for this unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

June 2013 for me.
Reply 61
Original post by Tiwa
June 2013 for me.

Oh right! Not attempted that one yet - why would you say it was hard? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by CD223
Oh right! Not attempted that one yet - why would you say it was hard? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant Jan 2013, sorry! There's a integration by subsitution question involving trig functions where you have the subsitution of u = tanx and you have to solve the integral of sec^4 x (tan x)^1/2 with the limits of pi/4 and 0. it's 8 marks.
Reply 63
Original post by Tiwa
I meant Jan 2013, sorry! There's a integration by subsitution question involving trig functions where you have the subsitution of u = tanx and you have to solve the integral of sec^4 x (tan x)^1/2 with the limits of pi/4 and 0. it's 8 marks.

Oh wow. I look forward to that... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
How is C3 revision going for everyone?
Reply 65
Original post by Tiwa
How is C3 revision going for everyone?

Not bad so far for me - a few hard papers but I think C4 will definitely be the more challenging of the two exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by CD223
Not bad so far for me - a few hard papers but I think C4 will definitely be the more challenging of the two exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. I think it's probably the hardest of the A level maths exams (not including further Maths)
Reply 67
Original post by Tiwa
I agree. I think it's probably the hardest of the A level maths exams (not including further Maths)

It is! The earlier core 4 papers (pre-2012) seem to be manageable, but beyond that they've become noticeably harder! Got my C4 June 2014 mock tomorrow! ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
For those asking me, here is the June 2014 paper (sorry, I don't have a mark scheme):
Reply 69
Original post by CD223
It is! The earlier core 4 papers (pre-2012) seem to be manageable, but beyond that they've become noticeably harder! Got my C4 June 2014 mock tomorrow! ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile

God bless dude. You'll ace it!
Reply 70
Original post by Tiwa
God bless dude. You'll ace it!

Thanks for the encouragement! Will give it my best shot! Sorry if I've already asked, but have you done June 2014? Ill let you know how it goes haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by CD223
Thanks for the encouragement! Will give it my best shot! Sorry if I've already asked, but have you done June 2014? Ill let you know how it goes haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't unfortunately. I have them C3, C4 and M2 June 2014 as mocks in the coming weeks so I'm trying to avoid them on TSR. 😅
Original post by Tiwa
I haven't unfortunately. I have them C3, C4 and M2 June 2014 as mocks in the coming weeks so I'm trying to avoid them on TSR.

Haha, good luck with that! Some of the C3 questions are hard, and I've heard C4 is a nightmare!
I won't spoil the fun by revealing the questions though :wink:
Reply 73
Original post by lionelmessi19
Haha, good luck with that! Some of the C3 questions are hard, and I've heard C4 is a nightmare!
I won't spoil the fun by revealing the questions though :wink:

Thank you! I'm just going to prepare myself for anything.
Original post by Tiwa
Thank you! I'm just going to prepare myself for anything.

Yeah, well i'm pretty sure all the topics come up,, they're just asked in a more difficult way.
It would be good to practise some of the more recent papers to prepare for your mock :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by Tiwa
I haven't unfortunately. I have them C3, C4 and M2 June 2014 as mocks in the coming weeks so I'm trying to avoid them on TSR. 😅

Oh that's very sensible. Good luck! Let us know how the M2 June 2014 mock goes, as after today that's the only 2014 paper I won't have done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by Tiwa
X

Original post by lionelmessi19
X

One of my friends asked me for some help with a maths question yesterday - I did the question for her and then she told me it was in the mock! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by CD223
Oh that's very sensible. Good luck! Let us know how the M2 June 2014 mock goes, as after today that's the only 2014 paper I won't have done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will!:biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by Tiwa
I will!:biggrin:

June 2014 was the hardest Core 4 paper I've ever done haha. Looking at the unofficial MS I'm hoping I've got ~60/75.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
June 2014 was the hardest Core 4 paper I've ever done haha. Looking at the unofficial MS I'm hoping I've got ~60/75.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG! If you found it hard..

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending