Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieNorcross)
    I've done like an essay from each topic, and trying to remember the essays with the main points, what about you?
    Oh nice! How much is that broken down into - is it one for kaiser reich, one for impact of WW1, one for Weimar, one for rise of the nazis and one for wartime Germany?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finnskilongmuir)
    Do you find that helps quite a bit, because originally I started doing that but I am doing flashcards first!!
    I've just finished my flash cards and find them more useful than writing essays haha. But everyone's different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I write the essays in class as homework/classwork and then from them essays writw flash cards. I however think there's so much to learn

ReputationRep:
    I write the essays in class as homework/classwork and then from them essays writw flash cards. I however think there's so much to learn
    There is too much! I've got over 100 cards so far :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its really annoying when they could ask anything? I hope we had a more closer clue to what was going to be asked

ReputationRep:
    Its really annoying when they could ask anything? I hope we had a more closer clue to what was going to be asked
    Yeah if is annoying that - but I guess the benefit of it is that they're more lenient on own knowledge. If we knew what was coming up then they would expect us to have very accurate and detailed knowledge of a given event or factor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is really annoying? What do u think will be asked in part a?

ReputationRep:
    It is really annoying? What do u think will be asked in part a?
    I think transformation of economy/society and politics in the second reich, and hurlers consolidation of power in 1933.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I think transformation of economy/society and politics in the second reich, and hurlers consolidation of power in 1933. Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really hope so!! Do u think there's a good chance they will come up? Coz that's why I also think

ReputationRep:
    I really hope so!! Do u think there's a good chance they will come up? Coz that's why I also think
    They're both highly likely. My teacher seems to agree too and he's an examiner. (Obviously he doesn't have inside knowledge, but he's experienced).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    They're both highly likely. My teacher seems to agree too and he's an examiner. (Obviously he doesn't have inside knowledge, but he's experienced). Posted from TSR Mobile
    Happy to hear that, as I hope that is asked, especially Hitlers/1933 period? What do you/your teacher think for WW1 controversy?

ReputationRep:
    Happy to hear that, as I hope that is asked, especially Hitlers/1933 period? What do you/your teacher think for WW1 controversy?
    Yeah that would be really good

I personally think pressures from internal problems forcing the elites to pursue desires to start a war/build the armed forces - BUT, it's so hard to predict haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah that would be really good I personally think pressures from internal problems forcing the elites to pursue desires to start a war/build the armed forces - BUT, it's so hard to predict haha.
    So hard to predict, I agree :/

ReputationRep:
    So hard to predict, I agree :/
    Yeah :/ do you know any good video/podcast resources?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah :/ do you know any good video/podcast resources?Posted from TSR Mobile
    No sorry but sometimes I just google topics in YouTube

ReputationRep:
    No sorry but sometimes I just google topics in YouTube
    Oh nice! I'll give it a go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    There is too much! I've got over 100 cards so far :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you write on your flash cards? Like how do you narrow down all the topics? By events then short summaries? Or by chapters in the textbook?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farawayfromnowhere)
    What do you write on your flash cards? Like how do you narrow down all the topics? By events then short summaries? Or by chapters in the textbook?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do it by chapters in the red Martin Collier Edexcel Kaiser to Fuhrer textbook as well as my class notes.

They're done chronologically, (within reason, obviously the rise of the Nazis takes you back to 1920 after leaving Weimar at 1929), with a mix of timelines, mind maps, events bullet points and key people/words

Does that help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Oh nice! I'll give it a go Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah it's not bad to be honest

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's not bad to be honest
    Oh good! I remember watching BBC Bitesize videos for Nazi Germany at GCSE. They were a bit of fun, but are probably nowhere near detailed enough for A level unfortunately :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.