Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieNorcross)
    I think so too
    By the way- was it you that did socio too ?? (In the socio thread)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I do it by chapters in the red Martin Collier Edexcel Kaiser to Fuhrer textbook as well as my class notes.

They're done chronologically, (within reason, obviously the rise of the Nazis takes you back to 1920 after leaving Weimar at 1929), with a mix of timelines, mind maps, events bullet points and key people/words

Does that help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, that was very helpful! Thank you! I'm just memorising & consolidating my knowledge from my notes now while doing past papers. Need to make some timelines in chronological order soon though. The Edexcel textbook is written pretty confusing in regards to timelines and how it goes back & forth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kmohazeb)
    pretty much sure the Kaiserreich will be asked
    Me too - it's also said to be likely by my teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farawayfromnowhere)
    Yes, that was very helpful! Thank you! I'm just memorising & consolidating my knowledge from my notes now while doing past papers. Need to make some timelines in chronological order soon though. The Edexcel textbook is written pretty confusing in regards to timelines and how it goes back & forth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree! The textbook jumps a bit - especially from Weimar to the Nazis!
    I haven't done past papers other than what has been set in class :/

Just finished making revision cards! So long

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kmohazeb)
    By the way- was it you that did socio too ?? (In the socio thread)
    no

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain the rise and fall of the bulow bloc to me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have a list of historians interpretations of all the debates on this course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed_Duale)
    Does anybody have a list of historians interpretations of all the debates on this course?
    There's a pack online for this exam, don't know if you've seen it but I think it includes historians debates on the WW1 controversy. If you PM me your email I can send it :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed_Duale)
    I have a list of interpretations, but there's no need to remember associated historians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pearl_rose)
    There's a pack online for this exam, don't know if you've seen it but I think it includes historians debates on the WW1 controversy. If you PM me your email I can send it :]
    Would you be able to post it on the thread so I can see if I can add it to the first post?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Would you be able to post it on the thread so I can see if I can add it to the first post?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure but I don't know how to, shall I email it to you?

ReputationRep:
    This thread is so helpful. In terms of the controversy question, I think I'm getting better at the analysis of the sources but I still don't know how to structure the essay properly and any tips for A/A* grade analysis? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Of course! I'll PM you my address

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatsherry)
    This thread is so helpful. In terms of the controversy question, I think I'm getting better at the analysis of the sources but I still don't know how to structure the essay properly and any tips for A/A* grade analysis? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah glad you find it useful.

I'll post a general essay plan in a second for the part B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    General essay plan for part B:

Intro
    • Focus on Q
    • Link interpretations to the sources directly
    • Establish LOA

P1 – weak
    • TS – focus on Q and introduce argument
    • Link to source and quote
    • Support with own knowledge
    • Support with x-ref
    • …however…
    • Critique with own knowledge
    • Critique with x-ref
    • Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sources

P2 – weak
    • Support with x-ref
    • …however…
    • Critique with own knowledge
    • Critique with x-ref
    • Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sources

P3 – strong
    • Support with x-ref
    • …however…
    • Critique with x-ref
    • Dismiss x-ref with own knowledge
    • Critique with x-ref
    • Dismiss x-ref with own knowledge
    • Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sources – following your LOA

Conclusion
    • Focus on Q
    • Set out overall argument in reference to the sources
    • Go over the other two sources briefly & why their arguments are not as strong
    • Finish with clear statement on why preferred source is the strongest argument and link back to the question

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately the Germany revision guide exceeds the maximum file limit but the other file has been added to the post

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    General essay plan for part B:Intro• Focus on Q• Link interpretations to the sources directly• Establish LOAP1 – weak• TS – focus on Q and introduce argument• Link to source and quote• Support with own knowledge• Support with x-ref• …however…• Critique with own knowledge• Critique with x-ref• Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sourcesP2 – weak• TS – focus on Q and introduce argument• Link to source and quote• Support with own knowledge• Support with x-ref• …however…• Critique with own knowledge• Critique with x-ref• Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sourcesP3 – strong• TS – focus on Q and introduce argument• Link to source and quote• Support with own knowledge• Support with x-ref• …however…• Critique with x-ref• Dismiss x-ref with own knowledge• Critique with x-ref• Dismiss x-ref with own knowledge• Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sources – following your LOAConclusion• Focus on Q• Set out overall argument in reference to the sources• Go over the other two sources briefly & why their arguments are not as strong• Finish with clear statement on why preferred source is the strongest argument and link back to the question
    thats really good!! Thanks for this!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Unfortunately the Germany revision guide exceeds the maximum file limit but the other file has been added to the post Posted from TSR Mobile
    please can I have the link for this post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Personally, my predictions are:

Part A:
    Kaiserreich transformation of economy and politics 1900-14

Nazi consolidation of power in 1933

Part B:
    Pressures domestically before WW1 leading to the outbreak of war as a means of placating the masses

(I don't do the Nazi controversy so I've no clue for that haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Will WW1 definetely come up in the controversy or could they leave it out this year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieNorcross)
    thats really good!! Thanks for this!!
    Thank you! What do you think to it? Reckon it will work in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.