Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    1. (Original post by CD223)
      I attended a very similar conference there at the end of November! How'd you find it?

Thought it was pretty useful, especially the part where they explained how to write an a* essay & they gave out revision notes too

Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pearl_rose)

Thought it was pretty useful, especially the part where they explained how to write an a* essay & they gave out revision notes too

Wbu?
    Nice! Ours had a lecturer that talked about his opinion on the controversy about World War One and gave his interpretation of how both sides could be seen as to whether Germany was to blame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Nice! Ours had a lecturer that talked about his opinion on the controversy about World War One and gave his interpretation of how both sides could be seen as to whether Germany was to blame.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah ours was similar to that too. Have you done your part A cw question? If so what was your question? I'm guessing that even though we may be doing different topics the structure of the question will be the same...

ReputationRep:
    Haha just saw this reminded me of my bitter sweet A2 history days, do check through the old thread guys, it contains lots of useful notes

Additionally if you want my notes/advice on the exam you can drop me a message

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    Haha just saw this reminded me of my bitter sweet A2 history days, do check through the old thread guys, it contains lots of useful notes

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw thank you what was your cw about?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ours was similar to that too. Have you done your part A cw question? If so what was your question? I'm guessing that even though we may be doing different topics the structure of the question will be the same...
    Oh nice! Yes I've done both parts of the coursework. How about you?

Part A:
    "What was the short term significance of gas warfare and its usage in World War One?"

Part B:
    "In the period 1815-1918, how far was weapons technology the most important factor in changing British warfare?"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks so much for that! The original thread is really helpful so I'll probably link this one to it and repost a few files

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Oh nice! Yes I've done both parts of the coursework. How about you?

Part A:
    "What was the short term significance of gas warfare and its usage in World War One?"

Part B:
    "In the period 1815-1918, how far was weapons technology the most important factor in changing British warfare?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm making last minute changes to part B and will start writing part A very soon. My part A question is very similar to yours, could you help me with how you planned & structured it please?

ReputationRep:
    I'm making last minute changes to part B and will start writing part A very soon. My part A question is very similar to yours, could you help me with how you planned & structured it please?
    Oh right! Erm, my part A structure was 4 big points of significance then within those paragraphs I included debate as to what made each factor comparatively less/more significant in the short term during the war, using evidence to drive my reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw thank you what was your cw about?
    The provisional government for part A and main reforming leaders between 1856 and 1956 for part B

No worries
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    The provisional government for part A and main reforming leaders between 1856 and 1956 for part B

No worries
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mind me asking how you revised for the Germany paper? Did you choose one or more controversies to revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Do you mind me asking how you revised for the Germany paper? Did you choose one or more controversies to revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure you've asked me this before

So I reiterate don't learn BOTH controversies your only gonna need to answer questions on one or the other, not both. Admittedly it would be ideal to have the time to learn both, as the knowledge could help with Part A of the exam, however I don't thing you guys have time to waste what with your other A level exams, be pragmatic, just do what you have to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)

So I reiterate don't learn BOTH controversies your only gonna need to answer questions on one or the other, not both. Admittedly it would be ideal to have the time to learn both, as the knowledge could help with Part A of the exam, however I don't thing you guys have time to waste what with your other A level exams, be pragmatic, just do what you have to do.
    Have I? Oh sorry! I can't remember who I asked! It's a question of been debating for ages as my teacher has told us to learn both but I do 4 A2s and have enough on my plate already!

I will be pragmatic. Thanks so much for your response - at least someone thinks my strategy isn't totally insane like my teacher does!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Oh right! Erm, my part A structure was 4 big points of significance then within those paragraphs I included debate as to what made each factor comparatively less/more significant in the short term during the war, using evidence to drive my reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)

My teacher announced today we're only covering the WW1 controversy in class. Wise move? Should I learn/revise the other one instead? Not even sure what it is...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    No problem! Which controversy are you gonna do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gonna raid the main thread soon and upload some useful files in the original post, plus any extra resources I've created!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    No problem! Which controversy are you gonna do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My teacher is teaching us both but I'll probably follow the advice here and just learn the WW1 one, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher is teaching us both but I'll probably follow the advice here and just learn the WW1 one, wbu?
    My teacher let us know today that we weren't gonna learn the Nazi one to free up 5 weeks of teaching time for revision. But I'm not convinced it's a good or a bad move yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    My teacher announced today we're only covering the WW1 controversy in class. Wise move? Should I learn/revise the other one instead? Not even sure what it is...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its definately the easiest one, quiet entertaining too (god im so sad lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.