Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    Its definately the easiest one, quiet entertaining too (god im so sad lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha! Id agree so don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions on the questions that might come up? I've noticed they haven't asked a Unit 1 (Second Reich 1900-14) question in a while and probably WW1 for section B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nchomuzinda)
    Any predictions on the questions that might come up? I've noticed they haven't asked a Unit 1 (Second Reich 1900-14) question in a while and probably WW1 for section B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm deffo doing WW1 for section B then I also think Kaiser for part a. As does my teacher!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am kind of disappointed at the idea that Kaiser's Germany will probably come up in this exam. It's not the most exciting topic, sadly. And the one we studied right at the beginning, so revising it will probably be an experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    I am kind of disappointed at the idea that Kaiser's Germany will probably come up in this exam. It's not the most exciting topic, sadly. And the one we studied right at the beginning, so revising it will probably be an experience
    I know what you mean! One thing I hate about history is that you get tested on so little of what you learn!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In terms of ideology and not ideology, how does German unification in 1871 change international relations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In terms of ideology and not ideology, how does German unification in 1871 change international relations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, can I just ask what you mean by ideology and not ideology?

There is hostility between Germany and France as France loses the Franco Prussian War 1870-71 and has to agree to a harsh peace treaty (Treaty of Frankfurt) including the loss of Alsace Lorraine.

France lost the territory of Alsace-Lorraine on its border with Germany. It also had to pay Germany £200 million in compensation.A new imperial constitution was set up within the now unified German states, with William I as Emperor (Kaiser) and Prussia firmly in control.

• Officially, Russia was an ally of France but Bismarck used diplomacy to make sure Russia stayed out of the war.

• Bismarck also made sure Italy stayed neutral and wouldn't fight for France.

• Bismarck gambled that the British would stay out of the war since it didn't want France to become any more powerful than it already was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    my coursework question is ' the most significant factor in shaping international relations is ideology from 1871-1990' assess the validity of this view. I'm asking for the other factors (so not ideology), in the unification of Germany, which have shaped international relations.

ReputationRep:
    my coursework question is ' the most significant factor in shaping international relations is ideology from 1871-1990' assess the validity of this view. I'm asking for the other factors (so not ideology), in the unification of Germany, which have shaped international relations.
    Oh right! So you have ideology. How about warfare? Economic growth? Military expansion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Oh right! So you have ideology. How about warfare? Economic growth? Military expansion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think economics is the only other factor but I'm not sure, isnt military expansion down to ideology though? This is where I get confused hahah but thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think economics is the only other factor but I'm not sure, isnt military expansion down to ideology though? This is where I get confused hahah but thanks for your help
    I suppose it is... no worries! Hope it gets done okay!

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys really think it'll be on the Kaiser? Al when a controversy asks about if the german leaders were responsible is that just the same as Germany being responsible for the outbreak of WW1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamSlim)
    Do you guys really think it'll be on the Kaiser? Al when a controversy asks about if the german leaders were responsible is that just the same as Germany being responsible for the outbreak of WW1?
    Yeah it hasn't come up for 2 years so I think so. And to answer your question, Id say that it's different - German leaders are distinguishable from the elites which is distinguishable from the pressures due to working classes demanding political change.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't started revising... I think over the weekend I will read over the second reich parts of the books I have. I doubt it I'll have time to plan any questions and let alone answer them, but I guess it's time to start working :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could be the golden years of weimar or genocide and terror. It has only came up once since 2010. The kaiser already came up twice in both 2012 and 2013.

ReputationRep:
    Ok this is going to sound completely retarded, but when it says for example "1919-1924" would that mean until 1924 or to the end of it?

Also what do you guys predict the question will be on?

I'm thinking

Social political and economic tensions 1900-1914
    Nazi consolidation of power
    Nazi Rise to power
    Stressemann's Golden Years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    I still haven't started revising... I think over the weekend I will read over the second reich parts of the books I have. I doubt it I'll have time to plan any questions and let alone answer them, but I guess it's time to start working :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't really either as I've been occupied with other subjects' coursework. I aim to start my revision properly over Easter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kmohazeb)
    Could be the golden years of weimar or genocide and terror. It has only came up once since 2010. The kaiser already came up twice in both 2012 and 2013.
    Oh really? I thought golden years at one point but my teacher said there wasn't much they could ask about in terms of scope of things to write about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamSlim)
    Ok this is going to sound completely retarded, but when it says for example "1919-1924" would that mean until 1924 or to the end of it?

Also what do you guys predict the question will be on?

I'm thinking

Social political and economic tensions 1900-1914
    Nazi consolidation of power
    Nazi Rise to power
    Stressemann's Golden Years
    That's not retarded! It means those years inclusive. In other words, any event from 1st January 1919 to 31st December 1924.

I thought Kaiserreich (basically the same as your social and economic tensions 1900-14). Id love a Nazi question though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    That's not retarded! It means those years inclusive. In other words, any event from 1st January 1919 to 31st December 1924.

I thought Kaiserreich (basically the same as your social and economic tensions 1900-14). Id love a Nazi question though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What would be the kinds of things you'd write for the golden years question? xx

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.