Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    At least you revised xD

I've gotta get my shiz sorted :P

Exams are approaching way too fast.
    They are approaching!

Mine are on:
    5th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 18th, 22nd and 23rd.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    They are approaching!

Mine are on:
    5th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 18th, 22nd and 23rd.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine are on:
    8th, 10th, 12th, 16th, 17th, 22nd

I've done my first exam so I'm left with 6.

If you notice, they're all on 'even' days except the 17th... which is my RE synoptic exam - bear in mind that this exam is often compared to second/third year uni level. I know it's stupid, but for some reason... I believe there is a reason that exam breaks the pattern.

Perhaps it will be the exam of all exams. The one exam, to rule them all. (If you didn't understand that reference, :facepalm:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    Mine are on:
    8th, 10th, 12th, 16th, 17th, 22nd

I've done my first exam so I'm left with 6.

If you notice, they're all on 'even' days except the 17th... which is my RE synoptic exam - bear in mind that this exam is often compared to second/third year uni level. I know it's stupid, but for some reason... I believe there is a reason that exam breaks the pattern.

Perhaps it will be the exam of all exams. The one exam, to rule them all. (If you didn't understand that reference, :facepalm:)
    Hahahaha. The hardest exam I've ever done is this one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Hahahaha. The hardest exam I've ever done is this one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't mean an admission test xD

Oxford/Cambridge admission tests are fun - but unfortunately aren't that relevant to exams ^^

What about like the hardest past paper AQA exam you've done? Because AQA and Edexcel are rather similar in terms of its specification for Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    I didn't mean an admission test xD

Oxford/Cambridge admission tests are fun - but unfortunately aren't that relevant to exams ^^

What about like the hardest past paper AQA exam you've done? Because AQA and Edexcel are rather similar in terms of its specification for Maths.
    Hardest AQA exam is definitely last year's physics EMPA.

Maths I haven't found a paper as difficult as their physics exams haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Hardest AQA exam is definitely last year's physics EMPA.

Maths I haven't found a paper as difficult as their physics exams haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I meant Maths ^^ I don't do Physics.

I was asking because it would be good revision to help each other by referring one another to past papers in our own exam boards. Often you find that Edexcel 'steals' questions used in AQA Maths papers (apparently) and vice versa.

This is however inappropriate for this thread, shall we take it to PM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    I meant Maths ^^ I don't do Physics.

I was asking because it would be good revision to help each other by referring one another to past papers in our own exam boards. Often you find that Edexcel 'steals' questions used in AQA Maths papers (apparently) and vice versa.

This is however inappropriate for this thread, shall we take it to PM?
    Yeah I've sent a message

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a full list of all the exam questions that have been asked on this topic, for both controversies and the inital essay question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahnicholala)
    Has anyone got a full list of all the exam questions that have been asked on this topic, for both controversies and the inital essay question??
    Just seen a list of what seems part A questions attached to the first post called 'revision questions - Germany Kaiser to fuhrer pdf' - not sure if that's all of the part A questions... Ask OP he'll know

ReputationRep:
    How are people planning this question 'to what extent did WW1 heighten existing tensions within the second reich?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pearl_rose)
    Just seen a list of what seems part A questions attached to the first post called 'revision questions - Germany Kaiser to fuhrer pdf' - not sure if that's all of the part A questions... Ask OP he'll know
    (Original post by sarahnicholala)
    That PDF is a document with possible questions, some have been used and some haven't but it's not exhaustive. I'll make a PDF and post it tonight. Keep at eye on out the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dstunr)
    How are people planning this question 'to what extent did WW1 heighten existing tensions within the second reich?'
    I've made a plan for this essay briefly - I'll post it on a PDF later today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I've made a plan for this essay briefly - I'll post it on a PDF later today
    Cheers mate

ReputationRep:
    History teacher finally marked out part B question we gave him..... Just after Easter. Got exactly 80%, so 32/40. Pretty good! Would be nice to get that in an exam too, although very unlikely hahah

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

So I've made quite a significant discovery, for those of you who don't already know of course.

Now I don't aim to unnecessarily raise your hopes, but the grade boundaries are in general quite low. The highest I've ever seen is 61 for an A* (87%). Last year was 60 marks for an A*!

For those who got full marks in the coursework, that means we need around 55/56 marks to get an A* overall.

For those who didn't, if you can't work it out yourself, I'll do it for you, either post your UMS here or PM me

Pretty damn awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    History teacher finally marked out part B question we gave him..... Just after Easter. Got exactly 80%, so 32/40. Pretty good! Would be nice to get that in an exam too, although very unlikely hahah

Aw well done Thats GREAT!!! Wish i was getting those marks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    Hey all,

So I've made quite a significant discovery, for those of you who don't already know of course.

Now I don't aim to unnecessarily raise your hopes, but the grade boundaries are in general quite low. The highest I've ever seen is 61 for an A* (87%). Last year was 60 marks for an A*!

For those who got full marks in the coursework, that means we need around 55/56 marks to get an A* overall.

For those who didn't, if you can't work it out yourself, I'll do it for you, either post your UMS here or PM me

Pretty damn awesome
    That sounds too good to be true...:L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dstunr)
    Cheers mate
    No worries.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Past Exam Questions.pdf (350.4 KB, 89 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    No worries.
    That PDF is so useful! Thank you so much x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farawayfromnowhere)
    That PDF is so useful! Thank you so much x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries. Figured it might help others so I knocked it up the other day

How's your revision going? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.