Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    That sounds too good to be true...:L
    My Maths is irrefutable xD

But no honestly it's the truth.

It may sound too good, but remember, we got full marks in coursework which is 100% of 40% of the entire course. We've got almost half the overall UMS A2 has to offer.

It's true though, whether you believe it or not is up to you xD

Nonetheless, at the end of the day, marks are just numbers - to only be achieved through hard work.

I only let you all know to raise your hopes and encourage you further to study!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    No worries. Figured it might help others so I knocked it up the other day

How's your revision going? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It definitely did! I'll try to upload some of my notes later on to help others

I just finished my AS exams today so my official revision timetable will start tomorrow for A2! But it's going well, I feel like I'm pretty far on my understanding of content. Hoping to brush up on the controversies tomorrow, hopefully fit in a past paper too. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    My Maths is irrefutable xD

But no honestly it's the truth.

It may sound too good, but remember, we got full marks in coursework which is 100% of 40% of the entire course. We've got almost half the overall UMS A2 has to offer.

It's true though, whether you believe it or not is up to you xD

Nonetheless, at the end of the day, marks are just numbers - to only be achieved through hard work.

I only let you all know to raise your hopes and encourage you further to study!
    Hahaha yeah that does help - I don't feel exam ready yet - hoping to start proper history revision over the study break after 22nd May

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farawayfromnowhere)
    It definitely did! I'll try to upload some of my notes later on to help others

I just finished my AS exams today so my official revision timetable will start tomorrow for A2! But it's going well, I feel like I'm pretty far on my understanding of content. Hoping to brush up on the controversies tomorrow, hopefully fit in a past paper too. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great - if you do would you mind quoting me? I can add it to the first post or something

Gonna aim to revise most of the course tomorrow and look at past part B questions - pretty unprepared relative to my other subjects really :/ hate how little actual history knowledge is tested!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Hahaha yeah that does help - I don't feel exam ready yet - hoping to start proper history revision over the study break after 22nd May

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I definitely don't feel confident in content - I'm just trying to push revision as far back as I can afford to go.

I know it's inevitable.

To just think, in one month and 4 days... I'll be free.

I'll be able to taste the luxuries mother nature has to offer without having some overriding fear at the back of my mind concerning exams.

Let that thought keep you all going.

Remember, we all have... that one exam that rules them all.

Yes, I referenced that twice. Because I can :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    Yeah I definitely don't feel confident in content - I'm just trying to push revision as far back as I can afford to go.

I know it's inevitable.

To just think, in one month and 4 days... I'll be free.

I'll be able to taste the luxuries mother nature has to offer without having some overriding fear at the back of my mind concerning exams.

Let that thought keep you all going.

Remember, we all have... that one exam that rules them all.

Yes, I referenced that twice. Because I can :yep:
    Haha. The one thing that bugs me is that we can't discuss this exam straight away

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    No worries.
    You're a life saver thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've piled together all the past paper questions!
    I've included both section A & B. After my resit tomorrow, I'm planning on powering through Germany and going to plan and time myself on some essays as I go along.

So everyone thinks Nazi consolidation will come up?
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx PP Qs.docx (12.8 KB, 649 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pearl_rose)
    You're a life saver thank you!!!
    No problem! Hope it helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadejadeshade)
    I've piled together all the past paper questions!
    I've included both section A & B. After my resit tomorrow, I'm planning on powering through Germany and going to plan and time myself on some essays as I go along.

So everyone thinks Nazi consolidation will come up?
    Thank you for this!

I believe Nazi consolidation is likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Thank you for this!

I believe Nazi consolidation is likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What points would you talk about for Nazi consolidation?

Use of terror/fear
    Gleichschaltung/ Nazification
    Improvement in economy/everyday life compared to Weimar
    Propaganda?

Are these right? Anything you would add/change?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody think holocaust might come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flint_sky7)
    What points would you talk about for Nazi consolidation?

Use of terror/fear
    Gleichschaltung/ Nazification
    Improvement in economy/everyday life compared to Weimar
    Propaganda?

Are these right? Anything you would add/change?
    Personally:
    • Terror and violence
    • Veneer of legality
    • Key support of elites
    • Pragmatism

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagyolo420)
    Anybody think holocaust might come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It could do. It hasn't come up since June 2010.

ReputationRep:
    And in a holocaust essay is it more sensible to argue the holocaust happened because of the Fuhrer or the chaotic state?

Ive been thinking chaotic state bcus of the whole separation pf powers and all the keys nazis fueling the holocaust and becoming increasingly violent through T4 Euthanasia and Kristalnacht (emphasising idea of culmative radicalism) but wouldnt u then be able to say that all that happened in nazi germany was working towards the fuhrer and to impress the fuhrer? So essentially the conclusion is that the chaotic state only existed under hitlers orders and so he is the most signifiant reason for the holocaust?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And in a holocaust essay is it more sensible to argue the holocaust happened because of the Fuhrer or the chaotic state?

Ive been thinking chaotic state bcus of the whole separation pf powers and all the keys nazis fueling the holocaust and becoming increasingly violent through T4 Euthanasia and Kristalnacht (emphasising idea of culmative radicalism) but wouldnt u then be able to say that all that happened in nazi germany was working towards the fuhrer and to impress the fuhrer? So essentially the conclusion is that the chaotic state only existed under hitlers orders and so he is the most signifiant reason for the holocaust?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can see what you're getting at here; it is indeed possible to argue that this happened due to everyone working towards the fuehrer and that way reaching this cumulative radicalisation. But at the end of the day I think war was the most important in bringing about the final solution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    I can see what you're getting at here; it is indeed possible to argue that this happened due to everyone working towards the fuehrer and that way reaching this cumulative radicalisation. But at the end of the day I think war was the most important in bringing about the final solution
    War was another option😅 i really dont know what i would argue. I do think war is a massive turning point aswell. Im gonna ask my teacher today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is Weimar likely to come up this year? I'm revising Nazi Germany now but I'm not too sure which to look over, the Kaiserreich or Weimar?

Also, is it possible to do the WW1 controversy without revising the Kaiserreich?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knifeblade)
    Is Weimar likely to come up this year? I'm revising Nazi Germany now but I'm not too sure which to look over, the Kaiserreich or Weimar?

Also, is it possible to do the WW1 controversy without revising the Kaiserreich?
    There is likely to be a nazi question so it is possible to do weimar without kaiser reich i think😅

I am trying to avoid kaiser reich if i can

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is likely to be a nazi question so it is possible to do weimar without kaiser reich i think😅

I am trying to avoid kaiser reich if i can

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I really hate the Kaiserreich section

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.