Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Lol. That is the opposite of what my teacher said today when handing back our mocks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I personally don't agree with that either. So I went to ask my other teacher who is amazing at History and she said you can do that and it would be good but don't do it in every paragraph - like maybe twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    I personally don't agree with that either. So I went to ask my other teacher who is amazing at History and she said you can do that and it would be good but don't do it in every paragraph - like maybe twice.
    Yeah of course - not too often or you can never introduce new content. Glad to have cleared it up.

What areas are you personally predicting will appear?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah of course - not too often or you can never introduce new content. Glad to have cleared it up.

What areas are you personally predicting will appear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well the specification doesn't really suggest that they could ask a question about the 1918 revolution - but that's just me from what I read. I don't think it will come up.

Nazi consolidation and another question that will probably be somewhat difficult.

ReputationRep:
    I asked my teacher whether morale of WW2 could come up on its own and he said it could, although I don't really see it? I can only really see it as a paragraph in efficiency/opposition question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    Well the specification doesn't really suggest that they could ask a question about the 1918 revolution - but that's just me from what I read. I don't think it will come up.

Nazi consolidation and another question that will probably be somewhat difficult.
    What does the specification say on it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    I asked my teacher whether morale of WW2 could come up on its own and he said it could, although I don't really see it? I can only really see it as a paragraph in efficiency/opposition question...
    Yeah I seems too narrow on its own. Not sure how I could do it without talking of the economy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    Let's all pray we get the grades we want

What are you aiming for??

I just need a B what about you? x

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me with these questions?

To what extent did economic developments in Germany in the period 1900-1914 pose a threat to the power of the elites?

The Second Reich was characterised by fundamental economic and political divisions by the German elites in the period 1900-1914?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Got 65/70 in my recent mock 30 on part A (Nazi consolidation) and 35 on part B (nature of Schlieffen plan causing WW1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats brilliant!! Now please can you tell me your tips?? For the part A question x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunny2014)
    Can someone please help me with these questions?

To what extent did economic developments in Germany in the period 1900-1914 pose a threat to the power of the elites?

The Second Reich was characterised by fundamental economic and political divisions by the German elites in the period 1900-1914?

Thanks x
    • Urbanisation
    • Rise of SPD
    • Closing class gap
    • Rise of industrialists
    • Worries of Junkers and "old order"

• All of the above
    • Tariff Laws
    • Bulow's social reforms
    • Budget problems 1905
    • Hottentot election 1907/formation of Bulow bloc
    • Daily Telegraph Affair/fall of Bulow bloc
    • Zabern Affair

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    • Urbanisation
    • Rise of SPD
    • Closing class gap
    • Rise of industrialists
    • Worries of Junkers and "old order"

• All of the above
    • Tariff Laws
    • Bulow's social reforms
    • Budget problems 1905
    • Hottentot election 1907/formation of Bulow bloc
    • Daily Telegraph Affair/fall of Bulow bloc
    • Zabern Affair

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much My biggest worry is i can never introduce the essay how do you do that? x

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much My biggest worry is i can never introduce the essay how do you do that? x
    Just try to sum up the points you're going to be making and say what you think the answer will be. So, like, say which factor you think will be most important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    Just try to sum up the points you're going to be making and say what you think the answer will be. So, like, say which factor you think will be most important.
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    In a holocaust essay can i get away with ignoring the economy as a factor

If i have

Chaotic state
    Fuhrer
    German people
    War
    Other key nazis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    What does the specification say on it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Specifications says this:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432150240.665974.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  186.0 KB

That's what they'll test you on.

Doesn't really mention the revolution part.

ReputationRep:
    I just need a B what about you? x
    I need an A to satisfy my offer, but I want an A* - Id be gutted if I got anything less

I need around 83% ish to get an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Got 65/70 in my recent mock 30 on part A (Nazi consolidation) and 35 on part B (nature of Schlieffen plan causing WW1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done! That's good especially since that's more than needed to secure the A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    I need an A to satisfy my offer, but I want an A* - Id be gutted if I got anything less

I need around 83% ish to get an A*

Im sure you will get the A* x

ReputationRep:
    I've got some printed notes for you guys especially!

If you want me to take pictures and post them up I'll send them.

It's for controversy WW1 and effective/popular

ReputationRep:
    Im sure you will get the A* x
    Hopefully!!

We'll see and judging from the amount of work you're doing, I'd be disappointed if you get anything below an A :O

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.