Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    I've got some printed notes for you guys especially!

If you want me to take pictures and post them up I'll send them.

It's for controversy WW1 and effective/popular
    Could you be a star and put up the efficiency and popularity please? x

Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    Hopefully!!

We'll see and judging from the amount of work you're doing, I'd be disappointed if you get anything below an A :O
    Thanks but funnily enough I am struggling quite a bit with the first section- Second Reich and apparently my teacher predicts this to be highly likely

Any help?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunny2014)
    Thanks but funnily enough I am struggling quite a bit with the first section- Second Reich and apparently my teacher predicts this to be highly likely

Any help?

x
    I've done a summary on the whole unit except the chancellors part - I sent you some of it in my first post if you remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    I've done a summary on the whole unit except the chancellors part - I sent you some of it in my first post if you remember
    Oh yes, i remember about the social and political tensions? x

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys structure part B questions? Do you do a paragraph for each source? Also how do you guys bring in your own knowledge when analysing a source? Any other tips for part B? My teacher isn't helpful and the whole class is literally failing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flint_sky7)
    How do you guys structure part B questions? Do you do a paragraph for each source? Also how do you guys bring in your own knowledge when analysing a source? Any other tips for part B? My teacher isn't helpful and the whole class is literally failing.
    I think there's already a post about this but I'll tell you what I do anyway.

As soon as you go into the exam, you're first gonna look for the source that generally agreed (usually the first source) and then you look for disagree and middle etc.

Now, to structure it, you have to find the main points that at least 2 or more sources refer to. So you need points that the sources refer to so you can cross reference. You will then base your paragraphs on those main points.

So say source 1 and 2 reference the Schlieffen Plan. That would be one paragraph, and inside that paragraph you talk about other things too.

You should aim to write around 3/4 paragraphs. Not really more than 4 because these paragraphs are gonna be much bigger than your part A ones.

Now I like to use a nice acronym to remember the paragraph structure:
    PSLACE as in like ps and the a shoe lace.

Point
    Source
    Link
    Add knowledge
    Criticise source
    Explain

Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunny2014)
    Thank you so much My biggest worry is i can never introduce the essay how do you do that? x
    No worries. I generally introduce my essays by using key words from the question which helps me always ensure I'm answering the question.

(Original post by Tow)
    Specifications says this:

Attachment 404225

That's what they'll test you on.

Doesn't really mention the revolution part.
    Thanks for this.

(Original post by Tow)
    Well done! That's good especially since that's more than needed to secure the A*
    Yeah I was pleasantly surprised! I thought part A went well but not part B

(Original post by Tow)
    I've got some printed notes for you guys especially!

If you want me to take pictures and post them up I'll send them.

It's for controversy WW1 and effective/popular
    If you wouldn't mind uploading them I can add them to the first post?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, what are you all predicting for the US BOOM, BUST and RECOVERY unit??? The unit on Hoover/ Roosevelt /great Depression!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressedbrownboy)
    Hey guys, what are you all predicting for the US BOOM, BUST and RECOVERY unit??? The unit on Hoover/ Roosevelt /great Depression!
    I don't think any of us do this unit sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    I don't think any of us do this unit sorry
    Ah just realised this is specifically for the Germany unit 😁

Have you come across any posts/threads on my topic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressedbrownboy)
    Ah just realised this is specifically for the Germany unit 😁

Have you come across any posts/threads on my topic?
    Ah sorry :/ I haven't seen any - feel free to create one though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think the German Revolution will come up then? Because I have barely any notes on it! Either I skipped over it or there wasn't much of it in the textbook, I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farawayfromnowhere)
    Do you guys think the German Revolution will come up then? Because I have barely any notes on it! Either I skipped over it or there wasn't much of it in the textbook, I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I personally don't think it will. The books don't pay much attention to it and it's not specifically mentioned in the specification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farawayfromnowhere)
    There's a good page on it in the MyRevisionNotes revision guide.

(Original post by cuppa)
    I personally don't think it will. The books don't pay much attention to it and it's not specifically mentioned in the specification.
    It could come up as a kind of continuity/change question comparing the Kaiserreich to the Weimar stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    There's a good page on it in the MyRevisionNotes revision guide.

It could come up as a kind of continuity/change question comparing the Kaiserreich to the Weimar stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The thing is, it's very unlikely they would combine the two sections. It's not like last year where they could link much better. That's not to say they won't, but there's just so much to talk about that the exam board could only expect brief answers.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got any ideas what questions they could ask on First World War for Part A?? Seems to be a lot of content in textbooks about course of the war - maybe a factor q on why they lost??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tow)
    The thing is, it's very unlikely they would combine the two sections. It's not like last year where they could link much better. That's not to say they won't, but there's just so much to talk about that the exam board could only expect brief answers.
    I see your point but have you seen that change/continuity question on Kaiserreich through to World War One?

It made me think the idea of a World War One to Weimar comparison is more plausible.

They also included an entire summary of Weimar democracy last year which was more thematic, so I'm expecting that overview questions can come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Anybody got any ideas what questions they could ask on First World War for Part A?? Seems to be a lot of content in textbooks about course of the war - maybe a factor q on why they lost??
    They could probably ask of the impact of the war more than why they lost.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I see your point but have you seen that change/continuity question on Kaiserreich through to World War One?

It made me think the idea of a World War One to Weimar comparison is more plausible.

They also included an entire summary of Weimar democracy last year which was more thematic, so I'm expecting that overview questions can come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kaisereich and World War One are like under the same section xD that's how I revise it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    It is fairly brief. I'll have to look at the MyRevisionNotes revision guide later just in case as I do think KaiserReich section may come up this year, maybe not the German Revolution though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.