Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamSlim)
    What do you mean by 3 analytical explanations for each para? 3 sources analysed?
    Ah sorry I mean like:
    "Source X says this: "quote". This can be taken to mean...this means the significance of Y is greater/less than Z"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah sorry I mean like:
    "Source X says this: "quote". This can be taken to mean...this means the significance of Y is greater/less than Z"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So 3 quotes from a source? Sorry if i'm being an idiot lol

ReputationRep:
    So 3 quotes from a source? Sorry if i'm being an idiot lol
    Id say 3 quotes per para. Not necessarily all from the same source. Just make sure you cross reference if using more than one source!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Id say 3 quotes per para. Not necessarily all from the same source. Just make sure you cross reference if using more than one source!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright lad thanks, does the variety of sources really matter? Like different forms of media like TV, books, pictures?

ReputationRep:
    Alright lad thanks, does the variety of sources really matter? Like different forms of media like TV, books, pictures?
    Nope I'd say aim to get a variety purely as a matter of interest, but it won't affect your mark as far as I know. So long as your analysis is on point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Nope I'd say aim to get a variety purely as a matter of interest, but it won't affect your mark as far as I know. So long as your analysis is on point.
    You've been a massive help mate, you ever need a handshake or a thumb wrestle, send me a PM

ReputationRep:
    You've been a massive help mate, you ever need a handshake or a thumb wrestle, send me a PM
    Aha, no worries man. If you don't mind then going onto my profile and clicking "give rep" would be great - allows others to see they can ask me questions and stuff too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Aha, no worries man. If you don't mind then going onto my profile and clicking "give rep" would be great - allows others to see they can ask me questions and stuff too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whoops i just gave you some on this post, give you some more on your pro tomorrow. You doing History at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Whoops i just gave you some on this post, give you some more on your pro tomorrow. You doing History at uni?
    Ah that's okay aha! Thanks!
    Ah I'm doing Computer Science at uni - how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    If my teacher is to be believed I got 50/50 but I think he overmarked me haha! It'll probably be moderated down...

I'm so nervous for this exam because I haven't properly started revising yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats amazing! WELL DONE!! xxx and same here, so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah that's okay aha! Thanks!
    Ah I'm doing Computer Science at uni - how about you?
    Mechanical Engineering, haha I guess it's not going to help either of us in our subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunny2014)
    Thats amazing! WELL DONE!! xxx and same here, so nervous!
    Ah thank you! Not quite sure how when I read it back now!
    Is there a topic you specifically want to come up?

ReputationRep:
    Mechanical Engineering, haha I guess it's not going to help either of us in our subjects
    Woah nice! Got an idea of where you wanna go yet?
    No you're quite right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Woah nice! Got an idea of where you wanna go yet?
    No you're quite right!
    Swansea as my firm and Plymouth as my insurance, you?

ReputationRep:
    Swansea as my firm and Plymouth as my insurance, you?
    Very nice!
    Bath as firm and Southampton as insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've finally done some spring cleaning on my A level exam threads and today have added resources to the first post of this thread!

If anyone wants their resources adding, either post it and quote me on here, or send me a PM

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What factors would you write about if there was a question about Kaiser's abdication/fall of 2nd Reich? Apart from the whole thing about Germany needing to negotiate an armistice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    What factors would you write about if there was a question about Kaiser's abdication/fall of 2nd Reich? Apart from the whole thing about Germany needing to negotiate an armistice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do you mean his fall? Is this long or short term?

Because if the time limit given was from 1900 I'd talk about:
    1. the economic/social/political pressures created due to the war - the need to call an armistice/end the war,

2. Longstanding social pressures - class divisions, religious divisions,

3. The loss of confidence after the 1908 Daily Telegraph Affair and the silent dictatorship of Hindenburg and Ludendorff during (how the Kaiser had already lost effective power),

4. The desire for democracy/political change - pressure groups, interest groups, social movements etc

Does that help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    How do you mean his fall? Is this long or short term?

Because if the time limit given was from 1900 I'd talk about:
    1. the economic/social/political pressures created due to the war - the need to call an armistice/end the war,

2. Longstanding social pressures - class divisions, religious divisions,

3. The loss of confidence after the 1908 Daily Telegraph Affair and the silent dictatorship of Hindenburg and Ludendorff during (how the Kaiser had already lost effective power),

4. The desire for democracy/political change - pressure groups, interest groups, social movements etc

Does that help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That does help, thanks. Just wanted to make sure someone else has similar ideas. Because I thought some of them may end up being slightly too similar, therefore not quite worthy to be separate factors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    That does help, thanks. Just wanted to make sure someone else has similar ideas. Because I thought some of them may end up being slightly too similar, therefore not quite worthy to be separate factors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right sure! I think as long as you can think of two different "reasons" to explain your factors then they can count as two distinct factors. Does that make sense?

How's your revision going? Are you far off completing the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.