Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    haha i was certainly fooled along with our good friend Tow x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunny2014)
    Systematic extermination emerged as theFinal Solution to the Jewish Question as a result of the chaotic nature of the Nazi state”. To what extent do you agree?
    Okay for this question:

I know what to include but what disagreeing points could be used in impact of war? x

Thanks x
    What do you mean by disagreeing? Do you mean like how they planned it rather than it being unplanned? Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing but the chaotic nature of the Nazi state suggests that the final solution was unplanned because the Nazis didn't know what to do with the Jews. So maybe look for reasons why it was planned - they killed 700,000 Jews when they invaded Russia and millions of Jews came into their possession - Nazi propaganda depicted the war as a 'racial war' - the removal of the Jews from Germany and the destruction of international Jewry was the central point of Hitler's ideology. - Madagascar plan: in reality it was a plan for annihilation - would bring 3.5 million Jews under German control.
    Intentionalist - Hitler always wanted to kill the Jews - made it clear in his speech that he wanted the annihilation and in 'Mein Kamf'. - The invasion of Poland inspired Hitler to come up with deportations - although can be seen as unplanned because he came up with these agendas due to events - invasion of Poland. - Wansee Conference - systematic extermination/death camps emerged - shows the Nazis were becoming more radical to the Jewish question - however, wansee conference was in 1942 when the USA had entered the war - Germany knew they were losing - so this was introduced as a reaction to an event - Hitler wanted to achieve at least one of his aims.
    Hope this helps but sorry if it's confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessimoghaddam)
    What do you mean by disagreeing? Do you mean like how they planned it rather than it being unplanned? Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing but the chaotic nature of the Nazi state suggests that the final solution was unplanned because the Nazis didn't know what to do with the Jews. So maybe look for reasons why it was planned - they killed 700,000 Jews when they invaded Russia and millions of Jews came into their possession - Nazi propaganda depicted the war as a 'racial war' - the removal of the Jews from Germany and the destruction of international Jewry was the central point of Hitler's ideology. - Madagascar plan: in reality it was a plan for annihilation - would bring 3.5 million Jews under German control.
    Intentionalist - Hitler always wanted to kill the Jews - made it clear in his speech that he wanted the annihilation and in 'Mein Kamf'. - The invasion of Poland inspired Hitler to come up with deportations - although can be seen as unplanned because he came up with these agendas due to events - invasion of Poland. - Wansee Conference - systematic extermination/death camps emerged - shows the Nazis were becoming more radical to the Jewish question - however, wansee conference was in 1942 when the USA had entered the war - Germany knew they were losing - so this was introduced as a reaction to an event - Hitler wanted to achieve at least one of his aims.
    Hope this helps but sorry if it's confusing
    Yes, thats what i mean Thank you! and yeah it does help a lot

Did you say that you would upload the essay? x

Thanks again x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunny2014)
    Yes, thats what i mean Thank you! and yeah it does help a lot

Did you say that you would upload the essay? x

Thanks again x
    Aww ok good I'm glad
    sure I'll upload it now but I got a B for it and the wording is really awful as it was a timed essay! Hope it still helps everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Guys isn't the second one during Core 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is a bit annoying but I'll probably still go to it after C3 as will be in college anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    That is a bit annoying but I'll probably still go to it after C3 as will be in college anyway
    I thought we were all skipping C3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHR223)
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    (Original post by EHR223)
    Like Bethmann skips the war council, we're skipping the exam at the outbreak of Core 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok yall I just made a plan for consolidation of power off the top of my head so tell me if anything major is missing. I've seen most of ya include veneer of legality as a separate paragraph but personally I feel like if I do make it a separate paragraph I have little to say/gotta repeat myself in others??

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  514.2 KB

And whoops I'm uploading from my phone so idk how upside down, compressed etc this will end up being don't hate me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Like Bethmann skips the war council, we're skipping the exam at the outbreak of Core 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha history banter

ReputationRep:
    Aww ok good I'm glad
    sure I'll upload it now but I got a B for it and the wording is really awful as it was a timed essay! Hope it still helps everyone!!
    That would be great thank you x

ReputationRep:
Views: 80
Size:  523.9 KB
    Hi this is the first page

ReputationRep:
    Second Name:  image.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  513.9 KBpage Name:  image.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  513.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Pahaha, we're good friends in real life. He thought it would be funny to make a mock account. it is actually funny to be fair...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aha!!

I knew it!!

Sorcery is at work here...

ReputationRep:
Views: 43
    Second page

ReputationRep:
Views: 80
Size:  523.9 KB
    Hi this is the first page
    Thats so good x Thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
Views: 53
Size:  513.8 KB
    Last page I think sorry didn't know how to put all of them on one reply

ReputationRep:
Views: 43
    Second page
    You've got some good points but I think what's really lacking is structure.

I noticed one of your paragraphs was barely 6/7 lines long.

Try and make sure every single paragraph is pretty much about 15ish lines at least. This ensures that you analysed the point to enough detail and have enough knowledge.

Anything less would should that you don't really know what you're talking about.

That's why we say aim for about 4-5 paragraphs because you can't hope to write 6-7 paragraphs each around 15 lines long xD - you need to think your answer through etc.

Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    Okay I was makin a plan (I think you too have similar points) about whether extermination a was planned or not, and the only two points for planned I have is the conference and antisemitic core to nazism. Apart from that, everything else seems to just be pushing it do any of yall have any more points for this

ReputationRep:
Views: 53
Size:  513.8 KB
    Last page I think sorry didn't know how to put all of them on one reply
    Also, try not to use evidence to start a paragraph - very bad habit.

Your point should be something VERY basic that doesn't involve any evidence - e.g. 'The chaotic nature of the Nazi party did, to some extent, bring about the... Etc'

Not 'the Madagascar plan shows how the chaotic nature...'

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.