The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
What restrictions were in place/what things prevented Hitler being all-powerful by January 1933 when he was made Chancellor?

The powers of Hindenburg, the democratic Weimar constitution, other legal political parties, the KPD, the Catholic Church?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Here's what I have as "for and against stresemann being a successful foreign minister". Sorry about my handwriting, and feel free to ask me to clarify anything as its done in acronyms and condensed notes haha.

Thanks that helped loads! I can read it lol
Reply 142
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
Thanks that helped loads! I can read it lol

Oh can you?! Well done:wink: haha no worries!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question predictions? I'm guessing something on power in the 2nd reich.
Also, Weimar culture is specifically mentioned on the specification, which makes me worried they could ask a question on it! Can anyone think what they would ask, or whether they'd ask about just culture? Would be a v.tough question!
Reply 145
Original post by tggfootymad
Question predictions? I'm guessing something on power in the 2nd reich.

I think the Kaiserreich too.

Also, Weimar culture is specifically mentioned on the specification, which makes me worried they could ask a question on it! Can anyone think what they would ask, or whether they'd ask about just culture? Would be a v.tough question!

They probably won't ask a question specifically on Weimar culture as that's a topic that is far too narrow. It's more likely to be a question of "how gold were the golden years of Weimar" with society and culture coming into that umbrella question.
Original post by CD223
I think the Kaiserreich too.

They probably won't ask a question specifically on Weimar culture as that's a topic that is far too narrow. It's more likely to be a question of "how gold were the golden years of Weimar" with society and culture coming into that umbrella question.

Ah yeah, I see. That's another possible area then.
Reply 147
Ah yeah, I see. That's another possible area then.

Yeah. How would you answer that? Id do two paras on politics, one on the economy and then one on society.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
So do you think a question about 2nd Reich being authoritarian state/democracy/elite dominated an option then? Because those questions are always very nice.

Though I suspect they might throw in a question from the last unit, too.
Original post by CD223
Yeah. How would you answer that? Id do two paras on politics, one on the economy and then one on society.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on the exact question, they might say, 'extent of economic and political stability' or specify something else, but I'd prob do political, economic, and a culture section with some foreign policy mixed in to the economic probably
Reply 150
Original post by cuppa
So do you think a question about 2nd Reich being authoritarian state/democracy/elite dominated an option then? Because those questions are always very nice.

Though I suspect they might throw in a question from the last unit, too.

I think Kaiserreich authoritarianism and World War Two (opposition during the war/economy/society etc) personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Depends on the exact question, they might say, 'extent of economic and political stability' or specify something else, but I'd prob do political, economic, and a culture section with some foreign policy mixed in to the economic probably

Oh yeah I wasn't sure whether to mention Stresemann and foreign policy haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I think Kaiserreich authoritarianism and World War Two (opposition during the war/economy/society etc) personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

2014 was WWII economy, and there's already been a WWII opposition one, so not sure if it'll be WWII but Kaiserreich probably I think.
i think it's gonna be the second reich + holocaust for section A, then WW1 and Effeciency of Nazi state for section B
Reply 154

2014 was WWII economy, and there's already been a WWII opposition one, so not sure if it'll be WWII but Kaiserreich probably I think.

Oh right I never thought they asked about opposition in WW2!

Possibly how the Nazis consolidated power? Not seen that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
Original post by Nchomuzinda
i think it's gonna be the second reich + holocaust for section A, then WW1 and Effeciency of Nazi state for section B

Well section B is a given aha. I wish section A was as predictable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh right I never thought they asked about opposition in WW2!

Possibly how the Nazis consolidated power? Not seen that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, yes, consolidation of power is a very good shout.
Original post by CD223
Well section B is a given aha. I wish section A was as predictable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! I find the technique + essay structure harder for part B, but at least the questions are very predictable. Part A could be anything. It's always been something new each year.
Reply 158
Ah, yes, consolidation of power is a very good shout.

My teacher has said it's extremely likely due to how self-contained it is in the syllabus and the fact that it hasn't come up (to my knowledge).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 159
I know! I find the technique + essay structure harder for part B, but at least the questions are very predictable. Part A could be anything. It's always been something new each year.

Yes, very true. Hoping for Kaiserreich and Nazi consolidation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest