The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamal_m96
which question was that?

differential eq I believe
Original post by fotevaf
Can anyone remember how the vector diagram looked like?
and can you draw it and show us?

I am going crazy...

I swear.. next time I am going to wear glasses with a little camera on it, just so I can check the questions when I get home.

Was it like this?
image.jpg

I think I found OD by saying OD = OC + AB. Then for finding E I said the modulus of DE was a half that of BD. I made a line equation for BD to put the two lambda values back in for E and got what has been agreed.

I recall lambda values of 1/2 and 3/2, but not sure of that.

Anybody else do something similar?
Reply 1982
Original post by James476
ya its cause you've -1 on the numerator when its actually +1 i think the question posted on the markscheme is wrong but answer is write.
Cheers i thought it must be something like that.
Original post by ubisoft
Full, that is correct.

But I missed out pi and ^2 of r?
Original post by ibanezmatt13
Was it like this?
image.jpg

I think I found OD by saying OD = OC + AB. Then for finding E I said the modulus of DE was a half that of BD. I made a line equation for BD to put the two lambda values back in for E and got what has been agreed.

I recall lambda values of 1/2 and 3/2, but not sure of that.

Anybody else do something similar?

No LOL 0 marks
Original post by Ual12
For last part of question 3, the decreasing funtion h(x), i differentiated it to 1/(2x-3) , but what did we have to do after that??
I subbed in 3 and said it was >0 so its decreasing,but it was just a guess :frown:

I didn't know we had to differentiate for that, I subbed 3 values in and showed it was decreasing, how many marks do you think I'd lose for that ?
solution to question 5c anyone? is the quadratic in sinq 2sin^(2)q +sinq -.5? then what did you do next?
65 A*
59 A
54 B
sounds reasonable right?
I think this was alot more accessible to the C/B grades than the core 3 paper, whether or not it was an 'easy' paper I can't tell. Personally there were tricky questions and I don't think the grade boundaries will be too dissimilar to last years.
Original post by Jankie
But I missed out pi and ^2 of r?

Oops, didn't see you missed the ^2. You will probably lose 1.

You did not need to add pi.
Original post by ForgottenApple
Last year had a question that was totally inaccessible. This year did not Hence much higher boundaries

oh
um which question was that?
Original post by JackyDoyle4
I posted a solution to the hardest question on the paper, I don't make mistakes.

lool I don't know you did it could have been your teachers working:wink:
Original post by ubisoft
Oops, didn't see you missed the ^2. You will probably lose 1.

You did not need to add pi.

No worries, I'll take that, thank you! Also just like to add that I appreciate the help you gave me yesterday, it came up and worked! Thanks again :smile:
Original post by Saywhat123
65 A*
59 A
54 B
sounds reasonable right?

seems quite high considering 59 for A* last year maybe 63 or 62.
Original post by Saywhat123
65 A*
59 A
54 B
sounds reasonable right?

all apart from an A, being 57
how many marks for a 100 ums do you guys reckon?
To be honest i'm hoping for yours but apparently everyone found it considerable easy
Original post by George1231
Original post by George1231

65 seems reasonable if in doubt Id go up; not down.
No point being wishfull
Photo on 09-06-2015 at 15.37.jpg
Original post by James476
solution to question 5c anyone? is the quadratic in sinq 2sin^(2)q +sinq -.5? then what did you do next?
Wouldn't the third factor on question 3b be (2x-3) not (2x+3)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending