Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] Watch

ReputationRep:
    how many marks would you recon you'd get for working out D on the vectors but not getting E?

ReputationRep:
    For the first part of 8 I got x=(5/4)[1-1/5(1+t)]^2 - 4/5. Is this correct or not?

ReputationRep:
    Do people think that 75/75 in Core 3 and 61 or 62/75 is enough for an A*? ...Really panicked in today's exam, despite aceing core 3 and doing well in past papers :/

ReputationRep:
    Going of that markscheme and what I remember writing, think only got max around 58 :'( Soo annoying!! Think I made some really stupid mistakes so gonna get lower grade than wanted now

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely think I would have got 100 UMS if we were allowed to have 1 hour and 31 minutes to do the exam :'''( Damn you differential equation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Everyone happy with the mark scheme now?
    On 8bi, does the k and the pi cancel to give a different constant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applegeek96)
    how many marks would you recon you'd get for working out D on the vectors but not getting E?
    Probably 1/2 for the marks on the alternate method (This will not be the main method, but they will have an alternate one!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagusRothen)
    Do people think that 75/75 in Core 3 and 61 or 62/75 is enough for an A*? ...Really panicked in today's exam, despite aceing core 3 and doing well in past papers :/
    You know that you have done more than enough.

ReputationRep:
    looking at the mark scheme, i think i hit 65/75 (made some stupid errors because i just blanked) but i'm going somewhere between 60-68/75. what grade do you think this would be, roughly, and will this and 68-ish/75 on c3 be enough for an A? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chung224)
    Lol ofcourse it is, stop worrying man do well in your other exams, you can worry on results day
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think average of 53 on both papers is enough for 140 ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagusRothen)

I hope so!! It would just scrape 90% over c3 and c4. You're exactlky the same as me - think c3 was maybe 75 and c4 58 - 61 Spent too much time on the earlier questions and so didn't do as well on 2nd half :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jkrolling12)
    Not sure! I get your point but I think they were looking for pi in the equation to show you know the area is pi r squared.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza3256)
    Did anybody get 2-ln(2) for Q7 a)
    I tried the question again but still getting the same answer
    I'll try it now, one sec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fotevaf)
    I'll try it now, one sec
    Thanks, actually its 7b) my bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fotevaf)
    I tried it and got 1/4

I could show you if you like

although, I can't remember what I got in the actual exam, so I sure hope I wrote 1/4
    thanks, but I made a mistake ( i did edit it), it was suppose to be q7b)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a solution to finding E?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple)
    Anyone got a solution to finding E?
    That question scarred me. Hate vectors

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jkrolling12)
    No, saying they "cancel" is mathematically incorrect. Instead, because you know k is a constant and pi is a constant you can combine them to make a new constant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    That question scarred me. Hate vectors

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wrote 2 pages of working for it.

Then scrapped all that and added 1/2 AC and 3/2AC onto B :/

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.